Element has an opportunity for a new European Accountant to join our growing team in Edinburgh.
- Monthly preparation of management accounts for European entities
- Maintenance of Balance Sheet reconciliations, review and sign off
- Partner and support finance country mangers across multiple European sites with month end close and local reporting requirements
- Assist in preparation of tax packs, yearly statutory accounts, and external audit queries for European entities
- Integration and migrations of reporting and financial processes from European entities to the Global Business Solutions GL Accounting team
- ERP migration support and user requirement documentation
- Enhance automation of financial processes and reporting to minimise manual work; creating efficiency's to focus on adding value
- Ad hoc duties as and when required to support GBS finance applications and initiatives
- Support the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for European central functions
Skills / Qualifications
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Experience working across multiple European Entities and exposure to European GAAPs
- Strong systems and accounting experience essential
- Experience of finance change, including system and process integration
- D365 experience desirable
- Teamwork and effective communication within a team
- Ability to challenge and question accounting treatments
- Self-starter, works own initiative and proactive
- Self-confident in their own ability and in their accounting knowledge
- European language desirable
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 9,000 brilliant minds operating from 270 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to 'Make tomorrow safer than today'.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming "the world's most trusted testing partner".
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.