Element has an opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to develop your Accountancy career within a Global TIC business.
- Monthly preparation of management accounts across UK entities
- Creating monthly presentation of the financial results for the local management team
- Maintenance of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Producing management information cash flow forecasts commentary on results
- Supporting system development across BU GL accounting team
- Contribute to the preparation of annual budgeting
- Review spend against budget and challenge key stakeholders on significant variances
- Develop and improve reporting to enhance insight and drive value
- Enhance automation of financial processes and reporting to minimise manual work; creating efficiency's to focus on adding value
- Support in developing more junior members of the Finance team
- Assist in preparation of yearly statutory accounts, tax packs and handling of the yearly external audit duties for the UK entities
- Regular site visits to support operations and ensure accurate financial reporting
Skills / Qualifications
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Proven experience as a management accountant
- Good ability to communicate clearly to provide commentary to management team
- Good team working skill and positive attitude and pro-active thinking, initiative taking and flexible approach
- Ability to identify issues and areas for improvement through analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to demonstrate credibility and proven success in driving improvements as a value added partner
- Analytic mindset
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 9,000 brilliant minds operating from 270 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to 'Make tomorrow safer than today'.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming "the world's most trusted testing partner".
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.