Account Manager (Touring)
Apply now Job no: 519934
Work type: Full time Location:
City of London
Categories: Wholesale & Product
Account Manager (Touring)
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced account manager to join our team and focus on managing and growing our business with existing and new accounts. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders, driving account growth and relationships, and achieving revenue targets.
The role of the Account Manager (AM) is to maintain the company's existing relationships with several clients ensuring that all levels of the service level agreement are delivered at a high standard. You will be responsible for growing these accounts into new destinations.
- Cultivate strong professional relationships with Discova's key team members in partner businesses.
- Serve as the primary point of contact, overseeing and owning each partnership level to ensure high-quality service delivery and sustainable business growth.
- Collaborate with internal teams (marketing, product, operations) to achieve successful client outcomes and foster business partnership expansion.
- Identify and address roadblocks hindering business growth, negotiating, and implementing effective solutions.
- Draft and update service-level agreements for partners in collaboration with Account Manager support.
- Act as an escalation point for client service delivery issues, coordinating with Discova teams to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Conduct client meetings with a defined agenda and a clear vision for desired outcomes.
- Establish a clear timeline for partnership growth and oversee the renegotiation of agreements.
- Facilitate smooth onboarding for new partners.
- Monitor account performance, reporting regularly on progress against commercial targets.
- Identify sales opportunities, aiming for a dual-digit annual growth across the portfolio in the United Kingdom and mainland Europe.
- Collaborate with partner teams on joint marketing campaigns to promote products and services.
- Lead the contracting process with internal teams for new and existing business, ensuring alignment with client goals.
- Maintain accurate records and opportunities in systems such as Salesforce and HubSpot as well as Discova's online platform and operational tools (where applicable).
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in sales and/or account management, preferably within the travel and hospitality industry.
- Strong track record in effectively growing accounts and demonstrating successful customer retention strategies.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of the Asia/Americas region (Caribbean and Latin America), with a preference for candidates who have worked extensively in these areas.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in meeting and exceeding sales targets and quotas.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically about business opportunities.
- Familiarity with industry trends, competitors, and market dynamics in the travel and hospitality sector.
- Exceptional negotiation and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented individual with a proactive approach to account management.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and across different departments.
- Willingness to travel as required for client meetings and business development opportunities.
- Proficient in using relevant sales and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Adaptability to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales and marketing, hospitality, or a related field is preferred.
- Exceptional sales acumen, possessing the ability to establish and nurture strong client relationships.
- Results-oriented, driven by the desire to witness substantial growth in assigned accounts.
- Superior organizational skills, coupled with the flexibility to adapt and implement changes seamlessly.
- Outstanding communication skills, adept at engaging with a diverse range of individuals from various backgrounds, including customers, suppliers, team members, and leaders.
- Familiarity with Hubspot / SalesForce, or similar, is advantageous.
- Capable of thriving under pressure, adept at managing multiple tasks, and willing to work beyond regular office hours when necessary.
- Solution-focused, adept at swiftly turning challenges into resolutions.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively within a team, supporting colleagues to achieve collective results.
- Open to business-related travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Technical proficiency in API's would provide a distinct advantage.
- Personally aligned with Discova's company purpose and values.
Formed as a result of the merging of two leading DMCs - Buffalo Tours and Olympus Tours - Discova is a global destination management specialist. They take care of tailor-made touring, leisure groups and transfers throughout Asia and the Americas (including Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica).
Discova holds responsible travel at its core, working responsibly with customers, host communities and local business partners to offer the best value, highly rated tours with customer satisfaction as a hallmark of their service.
Discova's people are homegrown - 95% are locals, blending localised know-how with an understanding of what makes a Discova trip to their home country special. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element, and being in your element means:
- being the best you can be in any situation
- doing what you love whatever your role is
- being valued for who you are and what you do
- continuing to grow as the world changes
- joining a family that creates a world of possibilities
To learn more about Discova click https://www.discova.com/
Work Perks! - What's in it for you: We are renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It's also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Discova is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can't miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry. Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!