About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has around 21,000 employees, sales of € 4.9 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.
Voith Turbo is hiring for:
Senior FP&A Analyst
Interested to learn about Voith? Check out our video "Voith Careers" on YouTube.
Reasons you'll love working here:
- Flexibility with work/life balance
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401K with generous company match
- Climate-neutral footprint worldwide
- Tuition reimbursement
As Senior FP&A Analyst you will be responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information, report results, and forecast possible outcomes for different scenarios. You will support the local operations and the finance teams in a variety of financial tasks and in the decision-making process. You will report directly to the North America CFO.
Additionally, in accordance with Voith reporting requirements, you will analyze the trends of budgets, project planning, KPIs, financial metrics such as sales, expenses, and profit margin. Responsibilities:
- Monitor KPIs and identify the cause of any unexpected variances.
- Further develop KPI reporting by optimizing use of existing BI Tools and creation of new automated reports
- Independently manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting process by gathering information from relevant departments, analyzing data and providing insights, highlighting risks, and incorporating all other relevant information and its impact to financial performance.
- Understand commercial terms of projects as specified in contracts.
- Setup hourly rates in ERP systems
- Monitor and control project cost structure, manage change processes for any project cost deviation, and update project at completion, sales and cost forecast.
- Raise early flags for any potential risks as well as opportunities.
- Conduct financial analysis and prepare management presentations to support decision makings of Management - Make or buy analysis, Functional analysis, calculating business cases
- Support month-end and year-end closing processes by preparing financial statements, account reconciliations, inventory reconciliation, overhead analysis, and supporting schedules against a defined deadline.
- Support Controller, CFO and Project Manager with special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance. An advanced degree would be a plus.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of Accounting/Finance experience with a good basis of Accounting/Financial reporting
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards (US GAAP & IFRS)
- Previous experience in project-business or manufacturing environment would be preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics Navision and/or SAP would be a plus
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as maintain individual workload and manage deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to analyze large amounts of data and communicate/present findings.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment during certain business cycles (planning, month-end and year-end close) against a defined timeline.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- This is not all encompassing, however, is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.
Voith US Inc. is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry including people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), Veterans, people of any age or family status. We embrace the competitive advantage that diversity brings and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive of thought and talent.