The successful candidate will assist the Tax Manager with all matter relating to Tax Compliance and related processes for all AccorInvest UK, Belgium and Netherlands hotels and Head Office.
- Assist the Tax Manager with all hotels and Head Office tax processes. This includes, but is not restricted to: Corporation Tax (CT), Value Added Tax (VAT), Pay as you Earn (PAYE), Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), Non-Resident Landlord Tax (NRLT), and Construction Industry Scheme (CIS).
- Assist the Tax Manager with the calculation of the deferred tax for local / group accounts and assess the tax position and prepare the tax entries at year end for group purposes.
- Assist the Tax Manager with ad-hoc tax planning
- Maintain the appropriate records in compliance with audit, legal and tax rules.
- Maintain an updated knowledge of all changes in Tax legislation particularly in terms of compliance and profit maximisation.
- Assist in the co-ordination of both internal and external tax audits.
- Ensure that applications for payment of any taxes due are supplied to the Group Treasury department in sufficient time for the payment to be made in accordance with the legal requirement. The company makes monthly payments of VAT and quarterly instalment payments of CT. Other taxes are paid as and when the liability arises
- Provide necessary reports and ad hoc information as requested by management
- Attend any meeting and training sessions as required for the position and as requested by management
- Support and carry out duties pertaining to any other business that is deemed by your line manager to be in the interest of the AccorInvest Group for UK, Belgium and Netherlands
- Fully comply with the Hotel and Company Fire procedures, Health and Safety policy and security procedures, Company rules, Regulations and Departmental Objectives
- Experience in a recognised corporate tax position
- The role would suit a newly, or part, qualified student in ATT, ACCA or CTA
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationships skills
- Good organisation skills
- Able to work under pressure / deadlines
- An open, hospitable service attitude towards clients and a friendly, ethical but business-like attitude towards internal and external interlocutors
- Computer literate in MS Office applications
- A knowledge of Alphatax Corporation Tax software would be an advantage
- Employees discounts and free stays within the Accor portfolio
- Hybrid Working Policy available with possibility of home working
- Corporate and collaborative work environment
Information on the processing of personal data
When you submit an application to Accor UK Business & Leisure Hotels Limited, trading as AccorInvest UK, the company processes some of your personal data to consider and manage your application.
We may also process data supplied to us by third parties, for example one or more of your former employers or a third-party supplier of personality questionnaires. Please note that your answers to any questionnaire will not lead to an automated decision.
In our capacity as data controller, we ensure that we comply with all legislation relating to the protection of personal data (in particular the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018).