You might know us as the inventors of the bath bomb, but there’s more to this great-smelling, partly employee-owned, family-run company than pioneering cosmetics. We believe our business should put more back into the world than it takes and demonstrate that capitalism can be a force for good.
The Living Wage Foundation’s statement 'a hard day's work deserves a fair day's pay' is one that we are proud to commit to in the UK. As an accredited Living Wage employer, we put our people first and fight cruel practices like animal testing, promote regeneration, and show that it is what’s inside that counts - whether that’s an ingredient in a product, or the minerals in a smartphone.
Please note: We may close this vacancy early if we receive an overwhelming response or our business requirements change.Overview
Lush Limited supplies all our global manufacturing sites with fragrances made from top-quality, natural essential oils sourced from all over the world. We also supply finished Perfumes from our innovative and trendy ‘Gorilla Perfume’ range and manage the cost base for growing, developing and protecting the Lush brand globally. Lush Limited also holds all the central support functions for the Lush group.
The Purchase Ledger for Lush Limited will join the team of 4, including one other Purchase Ledger with whom responsibilities are shared. You will be a key member of a busy finance team directly supporting the business, from the founders to global support teams.Key Responsibilities
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Check and accurately record sales, admin, and cost of goods invoices on the accounts system.
- Maintaining the paperless office system “Therefore” pushing invoices out for authorisation and dealing with any queries.
- Keeping supplier accounts up to date.
- Monitoring & reporting on AP Aging and GRNI balances.
- Global Intercompany recharge invoicing.
- Processing Company Credit card and Cash expenses via Rydoo our expenses system.
- Preparing weekly payment runs.
- Sending of payment remits to suppliers.
- Reconciling Supplier statements.
- Assisting Suppliers with invoice queries.
- Assisting users of the workflow system with queries.
- Ad hoc reporting with scope to develop your skill set.
- Culturally, someone who is interested in Lush and our ethics
- Strong Excel, IT and online banking skills
- Good communication, with a friendly telephone manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to deal with and prioritise a busy workload
- 1-2 years experience in Purchase Ledger or finance background
- Someone studying towards finance qualifications
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- *6 months’ full pay for parental leave (primary caregiver)
- *Enhanced paternity leave
- Bonus scheme
- Day off for weekday birthdays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- 50% discount on Lush products and spa treatments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted rail and bus season tickets
- Employee assistance programme
- *Financial childcare support on return to work
- We’re 10% Employee Owned - all colleagues play a role in protecting our ethics, our independence, contributing ideas for the future and share in the rewards of success when the company is doing well.
- Support groups, film nights, yoga, meditation sessions and much more
Since establishing in 1995 in Poole, Dorset, Lush has been driven by innovation and its ethics.
Creators of pioneering beauty products such as the fizzing bath bomb, shower jellies and solid shampoo bars, we place emphasis on fresh ingredients like organic fruits and vegetables, fight against animal testing and combat over-packaging by developing products that can be sold ‘naked’ to the customer without any packaging.
We currently operate in 52 countries with 928 global shops. Through our separate business divisions we invent, manufacture and sell our handmade products direct to our customers through our own shops and online. The fact that we make all our products by hand is something we are really rather proud of!
Lush is 10% Employee Owned since 2017 and our people are the heart and soul of our business.