Looking to start your career in Summer 2024?
Do you have a love of numbers, analytics and problem solving? Do you enjoy building relationships whether it’s with your team or clients?
Are you keen to continue studying via an Apprenticeship?
Whether you have just completed your A Levels, your Degree or just had some time out - we have a pathway that can work for you to work towards being a qualified accountant!
Discover why a role in our fast-growing Outsourced Business Services team as a Trainee in our London and South East offices could be the perfect career path for you.What you'll be up to
Day to day you'll be working with a range of entrepreneurial, owner managed businesses from Early Stage through to SME, getting involved with a variety of opportunities from management accounts and VAT returns through to the preparation of statutory accounts.
Essentially, this means you could be assisting our client’s through a range of responsibilities to help them meet their compliance requirements. You will be at the forefront of digital advancement using the very best in market leading accounting software to assist our clients to understand their financial performance and position. You’ll also support on implementing new technology within clients’ accounting systems.
We support our people to work to their strengths so that they can help growing businesses succeed through better technology, information and processes. Because when they thrive, they make a difference and that is why we do what we do!
You'll also have access to the largest entrepreneurial client base in the London and South East region making a genuine impact on their success. We deal with a range of clients in every sector with a key focus on owner managed fast-growing entrepreneurial businesses.
You’ll study block release at college as well as on the job training. If you are a graduate you will complete the ACCA and school leavers will complete AAT levels 3 & 4 before commencing the ACCA qualification. About you
So, we look for people who have...
- A genuine passion and drive for "getting stuff done" to help deliver AMAZING client service
- Umpf! Someone who takes ownership of their workload communicating realistic timescales
- You need great attention to detail, a passion for numbers, can think on your feet and problem solve as you go
- You need to be comfortable approaching clients and asking questions and build relationships with them
- Want to stretch yourself and go above and beyond the norm
- Be motivated to achieve success in the qualification
- Play all in to support the wider team
- If you are a graduate our minimum requirement would be a completed degree and having gained a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent (excluding General Studies and Extended Project Qualification - EPQ)
- If you are a school leaver our minimum requirement would be to have completed a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent (excluding General Studies and Extended Project Qualification - EPQ)
At Cooper Parry we are mindful of candidates who may have extenuating circumstances whilst completing their education and did not meet the minimum academic requirements. We would be open to discuss and explore the pathway that matches you the best and welcome you to apply for the role, but please notify us of your extenuating circumstances that affected your results.About us
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats...
What's in it for you?
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we offer things like:
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Open holidays
- Robust support to see you through your qualification
- A flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients
- Cooper Parry social/sports clubs
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
The start date for this role will be 27th August 2024.
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. These questions are the first part of our screening process, so please ensure you answer them in full - but you don’t need to write an essay!