Looking to start your career in Summer 2024?
Are you curious? Inquisitive? Always asking questions wondering how things tick?
Are you keen to continue studying via an Apprenticeship?
Whether you have just completed your A Levels, your Degree or just had some time out - we have a pathway that can work for you to work towards being a qualified accountant!
Keep an open mind and discover why an Audit role with Cooper Parry could be the perfect career path for you.
As an Audit Trainee, you will assist the audit team in the management and delivery of statutory audit for a variety of our clients.
Our Audit teams are based at either our London & South East offices. You will study for your AAT/ACA Chartered Accountant Qualification, over 3 years for a graduate programme or 4 years as a School Leaver Apprentice. This will involve attending college on block release as well as on the job training.What does the day-to-day look like
- Detailed review and documentation of client information (invoices, bank statements, payroll reports, transactions in the year)
- Assess the accuracy and reliability of client information
- Daily communication with various members of client finance teams to understand their systems and information
- Assist in preparing financial statements in our audit software
- Play a key part in meeting client deadlines, which can sometimes be quite tight!
- Working in small teams undertaking financial testing contributing your part to the audit of the company’s financial statements
- Client year end stocktake attendance (could be on weekends/around Christmas)
Studying for a professional qualification and working is not an easy pathway. You will need to be committed and have amazing project management skills to balance studies and the day job. We want to know why Audit is the career path for you. You need to be curious about companies and see our work as part of their success.
So, we look for people who
- Have great attention to detail, with a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within guidelines
- With a major part of our work being client based you need great communication skills, the ability to build rapport, be comfortable approaching clients, asking questions and delivering a brilliant client experience
- Are adaptable to changing priorities and working in different teams
- Like working to pace with the want to succeed and act of feedback
- Able to multitask in processing data, chasing information and prioritising your own workload
- Play all in to support the wider team
- Excited about the Audit sector and be driven to succeed in the role and qualification
- If you are a graduate our minimum requirement would be a completed degree and having gained a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent (excluding General Studies and Extended Project Qualification - EPQ)
- If you are a school leaver our minimum requirement would be to have completed a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent (excluding General Studies and Extended Project Qualification - EPQ)
At Cooper Parry we are mindful of candidates who may have extenuating circumstances whilst completing their education and did not meet the minimum academic requirements. We would be open to discuss and explore the pathway that matches you the best and welcome you to apply for the role, but please notify us of your extenuating circumstances that affected your results.About us
We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more. But we’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue.
Over the last couple years alone, we have achieved some fantastic feats...
What's in it for you?
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards and 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
- Best Companies No.1 Accountancy Firm to work for in the UK & No.30 Best Large Company to work for 2023
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we offer things like:
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Open holidays
- Robust support to see you through your qualification
- A flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients
- Cooper Parry social/sports clubs
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
The start date for this role will be 27th August 2024.
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. These questions are the first part of our screening process, so please ensure you answer them in full - but you don’t need to write an essay!