Rothesay is a leading UK pensions insurance specialist. Purpose-built to protect pensions, we manage over £48bn of assets and securing pensions for over 840,000 people. We secure pensions for over 200 pension schemes and insurers including British Airways, Post Office, ASDA, National Grid and Aegon.
At Rothesay, we are striving to transform our industry. We believe deeply in creating real security for the future and our leadership in finding new and better ways to do that is the key to our success. To do that, we need the very brightest original thinkers to bring creativity as well as rigour. Rothesay is a rewarding place to work, where quality people can thrive and prosper. We pride ourselves on the connections our people build, many of whom have been with us for over ten years.What you’ll do
What we’re looking for
- To assist in the preparation of monthly corporate tax computations for entities in the Rothesay group,
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly tax adjustment workings relating to items such as, deferred tax, capital allowances, disallowed expenses and items calculated on an amortised cost basis,
- To assist in the review of the annual UK tax returns for the group,
- Staying up to date on legislative changes related to tax and the impact of these on Rothesay,
- To develop tax knowledge through on the job the training as well as through studying for a professional qualification.
- Able to analyse and summarise impact of changes to tax legislation on the Rothesay Group,
- To assist in the preparation of the quarterly VAT workings under the partial exemption special method and submission of quarterly returns,
- Work closely with the wider finance team (financial reporting, accounts payable, budgeting) to ensure that bookings that impact tax are accurate and made in a timely manner,
- To prepare the quarterly reporting file for Australian GST compliance and assist in compiling information required for annual Australian tax return compliance as well as annual US tax compliance,
- Prepare the quarterly CT 61 return for withholding taxes,
- Prepare the workings for the annual PSA payment to HMRC under the PAYE settlement agreement,
- Assist in identifying improvements to manual processes in preparation for making tax digital for corporation tax,
- Assisting in maintaining a strong tax governance environment by ensuring tax manuals and tax process documentation are kept up to date in conformity with policy,
- Involvement in a broad range of department-wide projects and initiatives that have an impact on tax as well as cross-business initiatives,
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail,
- Willing to work in a highly driven team environment,
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills,
- Proficient PC Skills (Word, Excel),
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with the confidence and ability to operate effectively at all levels including third parties.
Disclaimer:This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties, but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Rothesay Life has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associated with the role.
Inclusion: Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
The collection of applicant diversity data allows Rothesay to map and gain insights into the impact of our DEI strategy for talent attraction. This data is anonymised and is not analysed against individual applications. By requesting mapping our applicants’ demographic profiles, we can identify the under-represented groups. This enables us to identify any barriers to increasing our diversity and take action.