Chief Financial Officer | Leading Education / Training Business | Manchester | £125,000 - £150,000 + Equity
Join a private equity backed education / training business as their new ambitious, commercially-minded Chief Financial Officer, to act as the “right hand “ to the CEO, driving the business forward while taking full accountability for the finance function and operating it to Private Equity standards. The business:
The company is operating on a well-invested platform generating c.£3m EBITDA, with a strategic plan in place to grow EBITDA in excess of £8-9m over the next 3-4 years. Job overview:
As the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO), you will:
- Support the CEO in delivery of the strategic plan, offering sound financial and commercial insight and support.
- Produce and communicate clear and actionable board packs and MI.
- Analyse and track financial, commercial and operational KPIs to communicate the performance of the business against budget and enable faster, more informed decision making processes across the business.
- Understand and influence key profitability levers within the business to maximise efficiency and profitability as the business scales.
- Build a high-quality working relationship with key stakeholders, including fellow management, PE investors, Chairman, relevant regulatory bodies, auditors, professional advisors and the bank/third party lender. Overall becoming a trusted and respected member of the main and operating boards.
- Provide ongoing oversight and development of financial systems, controls and processes, as the business continues to scale.
- Strengthen the finance function, including hiring and managing additional support as required for the size growth of the business.
To thrive in the Chief Financial Officer role, you will require:
- A strong track record of achievements within a growing and dynamic SME environment.
- Likely to have worked with a Private Equity backed organisation, as a CFO (or a broad No2 role), where they will have gained the experience to achieve growth and a successful exit for shareholders.
- Previous experience having successfully built and mentored small finance departments to ensure they are passionate, motivated, and focused on delivering analytical and insightful financial and management information that withstands external scrutiny.
- The character and interpersonal skills to act as a “ right hand “ to a CEO with evidence of converting commercial plans into reality.
- Naturally curious with the ability to identify problems/opportunities, originate analysis and propose effective solutions.
- A natural leader who quickly gains trust and respect, enabling them to communicate and influence across every department of the business.
- Sense of humour, resilience and enthusiasm for the job.
- As the new CFO, you will join one of our industry's leaders, working at Director level in the Business Services and Education / Training sectors.
- Earn up to £150,000 per annum plus equity.
- Reach out for hybrid working details, and further information about the role.
Take your career forward, reach out and apply for this CFO position via the portal below; we look forward to welcoming you onto the team.