£25K - £35KHybrid:
Sheffield / LeedsStudy Support:
*Great opportunity for a first time move from practice into industry
Our client is a multi-billion turnover global law firm and are a fantastic company to work for. They encourage you to reach your full potential in a culture that supports you to grow and learn, and they recognise and celebrate performance and results.
They are looking for a finance professional to join them as an Assistant Project Accountant, whereby you will support local and international finance teams in more than 30 different countries across Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and Middle East with reconciling, statutory compliance, year-end, and audits.
- Assist the project accountant with reconciling group (IFRS) and local (local GAAP) reporting packages for each entity (over 50 entities in 30 countries). This involves analysing the differences identified and working with the local finance teams to either justify or correct the differences.
- Monitor statutory compliance across international offices, highlighting any concerns
- Assist the local finance teams with their year-end submissions
- Support the external audit process and liaise with auditors as needed
- Involvement in ad hoc projects, to support both Group finance and local finance teams
- Stay up-to-date with changes in accounting standards and industry regulations
Experience and Characteristics required:
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience working in a financial accountant and/or audit orientated role
- IFRS and UK GAAP technical accounting knowledge and experience
- Advanced knowledge of excel
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with all levels within the organisation
- Great organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
This is a great opportunity for either a first time mover from practice, or an industry based candidated with experience in statutory accounts.
If you feel right for the role, please apply now.