Finance Manager / Management Accountant - Salford Quays - £55,000-60,000 plus Car Allowance and Private Healthcare
Axon Moore have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and qualified Finance Manager who isn't afraid to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in to helping a growing and developing finance department.
The successful Finance Manager will report directly into the Finance Director and is responsible for business partnering with a number of commercial and operational leads to manage budgets, achieve cost savings and provide insightful reporting to Senior Management.
An important part of the role will be building a strong network around the projects so that you are the go-to person for the Rail Operations & Enhancements business unit.
- Consolidation of monthly profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow for the projects.
- Lead project quarterly forecasting process
- Provide insightful reporting to management to allow decisions to be made and areas of concern to be identified
- Supporting the contract team with proactive engagement in the management and ownership of costs and key contract balances including WIP, payments on account and accruals
- Ownership of cost reconciliations
- Liaison with other contracts on inter-company balances and invoicing
- Development and implementation of financial systems to support the requirements of the business
- Managing cash recovery from the client through monthly applications / third party invoicing, as well as any debt management when required
- Payments support for subcontractors
- Review of spend for appropriate accounting treatment on projects e.g. capex.
- Input to cash flow forecasting and analysis
- Support the Treasury function on central Group banking tasks and reconciliations.
- Provide client information and support client audit
- Prepare audit evidence throughout the year and at year end close
- Operate in a controlled and effective manner to ensure we adhere to internal and external guidelines
- Support cost reduction within the functions and driven by business unit consumption through demand analysis, business case review and challenge
This opportunity will suit someone who is passionate about growth and business performance and can challenge decision makers when needed. Please note: Experience in the construction or rail industry is a must have for this role!