- United Kingdom -- England -- Greater London -- London
04 October 2023
The purpose of the role is to assist the adjusting team in all aspects of damage and quantum assessment for the purposes of general loss adjusting and other consultancy assignments, in the UK and overseas, within Charles Taylor adjusting.
- To assist loss adjusters in the function of surveying services on all claims and develop existing skills to assist with other areas of loss adjusting as required. This will involve: -
- Receiving and acknowledging new notifications for surveying services from internal parties;
- Undertaking site visits and meeting with Insurers, Reinsurers, Brokers, Claimants, Insureds and other interested parties worldwide, in conjunction with Loss Adjusters;
- Preparing detailed damage and quantum assessments for the purposes of reporting to Insurers/Reinsurers/Brokers and continuing to monitor through the lifecycle of the claim.
- Communicating regularly with all interested parties, calculating and approving interim payments, preparing interim reports and other communications;
- Calculating and agreeing settlement of claims, as well as preparing final reports.
- To assist in the development of the Professional Indemnity team and other staff in your field of expertise.
- To assist in the development and improvement of the professional services undertaken by Charles Taylor adjusting, which will involve working closely with the Directors of the Professional Indemnity Team in all aspects of the role.
- To assist in and develop the effective marketing of Charles Taylor adjusting including: -
- Developing working relationships with existing Clients;
- Helping to identify and plan approaches to new Clients;
- Assist others with their marketing functions;
- Hosting and attending evening drinks and other social events;
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of presentations to Clients.
Ad Hoc Duties
- Your key accountabilities will include such other duties and tasks are as allocated to you at the discretion of management and that are within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of Quantity Surveying
- RICS Qualified preferred (or CIOB)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Direct involvement of reporting internally and with external clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working with multiple clients/stakeholders
- Understanding/awareness of construction insurance
Why join Charles Taylor?
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charles Taylor as a place to work. We pride ourselves on having a positive work environment where our people are empowered to make the best decisions and where learning is valued highly and shared across our business.
We are very committed to ensuring our people are given continuous learning and development. As well as structured induction programmes and job training, we provide study support for relevant professional qualifications and have a Core Learning & Development Curriculum.
Charles Taylor is a fun and inclusive place to work where people are truly valued and encouraged to enjoy a host of social and sporting activities available. Quiz nights, tennis tournaments, football matches and a range of other events take place throughout the year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Charles Taylor, we are proud to be an Inclusive Employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.