Requisition ID: 192146
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
A unique opportunity to join a business which is building and scaling for future growth. To enhance our team's capabilities, we are seeking an experienced, talented, and proactive individual to support and contribute to the overall global success of prime services.
As a member of the securities lending trading team, the candidate will play a key role in originating and executing financing solutions which will involve daily interaction across the buy and sell side.
- Significant experience within the securities finance market with an established network.
- Solid understanding of the securities lending industry and relatable products such as repo, equity finance and custody.
- SME knowledge of developed European markets and associated asset servicing events; awareness of north America, emerging markets and APAC will be an advantage.
- Applicants should be familiar with hedge fund financing across synthetic and cash PB models with a broad understanding of the profitability models of various trading strategies.
- Demonstrate curiosity and initiative in actively contributing to process enhancements and generating innovative ideas that elevate the team's effectiveness.
- Keen attention to detail with well-developed written and verbal communication skills; candidates should have the ability to explain and simplify technical concepts for effective collaboration with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Lead by example, as you guide and support junior team members, providing thought leadership and practical guidance to overcome challenges.
- Understanding of balance sheet, capital, liquidity management and regulatory regimes for the international banking sector would be an advantage.
- Degree/CFA or similar business qualification or equivalent work experience.
- Coding would be an advantage
Location(s): England : Greater London : London
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Financial Analyst, Investment Banking, Technical Support, Bank, Banking, Finance, Technology