Senior Business Finance Controller Corporate Title:
London Company Overview:
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We're devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
- A member of the EMEA Global Rates BFC team within London covering Financial control, P&L and balance sheet controls, valuation controls and regulatory and audit interaction
- Performing the calculation and analysis of valuation controls including IPV, valuation adjustments and prudent valuation adjustments, as well as ownership for quarterly disclosures
- Working with the GVG group to ensure ongoing review & enhancement of valuation control methodologies and practices. Ensuring procedure documents are accurate and up to date
- Assisting in the streamlining and enhancement of all BFC processes and becoming actively involved with system development ranging from technical enhancements and new product releases to automation of existing processes
- Leading business forecast routines and new product reviews
- Engaging with the Accounting Policy Group to implement appropriate accounting policies and procedures
- Contributing to governance process, operational error reporting and support of other internal control process, including SOX
- Performing supervisory review over work performed by the product control team in India
FICC Business Finance & Control forms part of the GBAM CFO Group and is a control and business advisory function to the business. The team's work primarily covers P&L, balance sheet and valuation controls with a dynamic book of work providing opportunities to make improvements to our work through varied project work. This role is supporting the EMEA Global Rates business, which is primarily market making in Bonds, Swaps and Complex Interest Rate/FX options within the EMEA region. This team works closely with the trading desk, the global valuations group (GVG), market risk, legal entity controllers and many other support functions.
The team is also encouraged to take part in employee engagement and diversity and inclusion initiatives to help continue to make Bank of America a great place to work What are we looking for:
Bank of America
- Applies Financial Accounting & Reporting Expertise
- Applies Financial Analysis and Reasoning Skills
- Demonstrates Accounting Knowledge
- Demonstrates Financial Acumen
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or CFA with good working knowledge of accounting concepts is preferable
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.Benefits of working at Bank of America - UK
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc
- Use of a flex fund to use towards benefits
- Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership programme and receive discounted entry to some of the UK and Ireland's most iconic cultural institutions
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local area
Learn more about this role