Are you ready to apply your risk and compliance expertise to Amazon's unique environment? We are seeking an experienced Senior Internal Auditor to support our Worldwide Amazon Stores Internal Audit team who can apply broad operational knowledge and sound business judgment to execute operational audits across our diverse businesses and technical environments.
This is a high visibility opportunity where you will gain valuable exposure to many areas within our business, and be able to make important improvements that make a real difference. Our team is cross-functional and you will perform a wide range of operational and technical audits, so we are seeking a candidate with broad experience in Operations, Commercial, Compliance, IT and Financial auditing. You must also be comfortable performing as a sole contributor and teammate and in doing so will have the opportunity to learn our business, our IT environment, and meet a wide range of stakeholders.
You will work with an Audit Manager conducting end-to-end financial, operational, IT and compliance audits across all Amazon businesses. Audit topics could include distribution center operations, customer services, vendor contracting, logistics, commercial arrangements, compliance with varying regulations and company policies, privacy, information security, business continuity, asset management and platform security, among others.
You must be able to understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks. You should be comfortable interacting with a range of roles, from technical software development engineers to business leaders.
We do not want someone who can just find risks. You should be able to translate risks into business issues. You will use your writing skills to succinctly communicate identified issues in business terms. You must help prioritize findings and recommendations in tune with our corporate strategy. You should be able to facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately. You must be a strong project manager who can manage variable resources and conduct your own audits from beginning to end, often managing multiple projects at once.
We value creativity, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
We'll expect you to go the extra mile, but we'll also make sure you're well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units we offer a host of other benefits. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, come join us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like Day 1 -- a day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it.
Key job responsibilities
- Contribute to the Internal Audit risk assessment and audit planning process
- Plan and scope audit/advisory projects, execute project plans, prepare written findings, and facilitate business responses and action items.
- Dive deep into the details to develop meaningful findings and recommend root cause remediation.
- Facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately.
- Prepare reports which you will present to senior level management and provide for reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Represent Internal Audit to various venues (e.g. meetings with stakeholders, Management and Board meetings, compliance committees)
- Produce documentation to respond to internal/external requests to Internal Audit
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance/Business, math, computer science, engineering or related field
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience (verbal and written)
- demonstrable experience in internal or external auditing, risk management or compliance - Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
- Relevant certifications (CPA equivalent, CIA, CISA, GIAC, etc.)
- Experience in using Data Analytics in audits
- Experience with process improvement - Kaizen, and Six Sigma or project management
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).