Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Programme/Portfolio Manager to join our Pershing team. Pershing provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners, and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement, and custody services. These are supported by a robust regulatory and compliance framework with dedicated client asset experience and expertise. This role is in Manchester and is Hybrid.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Strong program manager to manage and co-ordinate the end to end lifecycle of a delivery of a large programme or portfolio of work.
- Strong people management skills including departmental coaching & mentoring.
- Management of internal and external stakeholder will be key, and they will need to be comfortable facing off to C-suite level whilst driving the program forward.
- They will have proven ability defining strategic transformation projects with excellent project management skills and will demonstrate knowledge and experience of applying them, ideally within the financial services sector. They will be expected to own the project plan, risk and issue management and formally report to the CEO and steering board.
- They will have experience of working with vendors including RFP/ RFIs whilst considering buy v build scenarios.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Experience of working on strategic transformation initiatives in the financial industry or similar.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong governance practice and oversight of strategic change.
- Demonstrable people and talent management skills and evidence of departmental leadership
- Demonstrable Project / Program Management skills and experience including full understanding of the project life cycle with proven front to back ownership of multiple projects.
- Performing regular formal progress and status reporting.
- Experience of vendor selection via RFP / RFI and associated negotiations.
- Qualification in Project or Programme Management disciplines and techniques such as Prince 2 would be advantageous.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.