Businesses need swift access to finance to seize opportunities or address cash flow challenges. Banks still take weeks or months to approve them, if at all. With iwoca, businesses can secure the necessary funding within minutes of signing up, around the clock, every day of the year. This not only positively impacts business owners but also contributes to the well-being of their communities and the broader economy.
At iwoca, our mission is to facilitate the seamless flow of finance, extending its reach to one million small businesses. Since launch in 2012, we've developed a cutting-edge technology platform, positioning ourselves as a leading fintech in Europe. Our efforts have been recognised through numerous industry awards, and we've successfully made billions in funding available to over 100,000 businesses.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Credit Risk Manager from a strong analytical background who can take potentially ambiguous business problems and formulate smart solutions that can be implemented in a pragmatic way.
Working closely with our Chief Credit Officer, Data Scientists and teams from across the business, you will ensure our scorecards, risk management frameworks and lending strategies are maximising value creation while keeping loss rates within expected bounds.
The range of projects will be broad, including driving improvements to our scorecards, optimising lending criteria, monitoring credit performance, developing risk management frameworks and providing credit risk expertise to support product development.
Your main focus will initially be on further optimisation of our enhanced lending strategy. This requires combining an understanding of the machine learning modelling process, the customer journey and iwoca's technical infrastructure to drive effective compromises and decision making to optimise the end to end process.
The Credit Risk team:
Our primary focus is on managing the credit risk profile of our lending portfolios. This entails establishing and managing key strategies and frameworks required to enable the business to maximise value generation within our risk appetite. Activities within this wide ranging remit include:
- Partnering with finance on stress testing to define the businesses credit risk appetite with due consideration of the internal credit dynamics of our portfolio and macro external risk.
- Providing credit risk expertise to ensure funding sources are set up and to provide sufficient capacity, with the required flexibility and resilience at an appropriate cost.
- Establishing the policy and governance frameworks required to manage the risks, and maximise returns, within this appetite.
- Build and maintain the credit risk scorecards, and define the underwriting requirements, to optimise discrimination and value conversion in the credit assessment process.
- Playing a leading role in building and optimising our lending strategies to achieve our risk and economic targets.
- Ensuring lending strategies are supported by appropriate testing and monitoring activities.
- Setting the credit risk agenda aligned to the business strategy, ensuring buy-in from stakeholders and leadership.
- Proving credit risk expertise to multi-disciplinary projects with the wider team and business stakeholders.