Wintermute is one of the largest crypto-native algorithmic trading companies in digital assets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, a broad range of OTC trading solutions as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto. Wintermute also has a Wintermute Ventures arm that invests in early stage DeFi projects.
Wintermute was founded in 2017 by industry leaders and has successfully navigated crypto industry cycles. Culturally, we combine the best of the two worlds: the technology standards of high-frequency trading firms in traditional markets and the innovative and entrepreneurial culture of technology startups. To Wintermute digital assets is not just another asset class, we believe in the innovative potential of blockchain, the fundamental innovations, we have a long-term view on the digital asset market and are taking a leadership position in building an innovative and compliant market. Read more here.
Nature of the role
We are looking for a Settlements Specialist to join our high performing middle office function. The ideal applicant should have a strong understanding about the crypto markets and the dynamics within the space. The individual must easily adapt to the entrepreneurial, varied and highly dynamic nature of a fast pace business.
In this role you will work closely with the Middle Office, Trading, Business Development and Product teams. Responsibilities:
- Communicating and liaising with counterparties to ensure they are satisfied with the OTC services that Wintermute provides
- Trade settlement - communicating with trading counterparties to ensure timely and accurate settlements
- Trade reconciliation - ensuring the trades that we agree to settle have the correct trade economics
- Process improvement - working with developers to help automate processes or design ways to streamline current processes
- Answering trade queries internally and externally
Hard Skills Requirements:
- 2- 5 years experience in settlements in the crypto space.
- Prior experience with Operations functions and / or counterparty relationship management in a crypto/financial services company with high-volume and complex operations (multiple products, multiple geographies); experience in an hft/liquidity provision business is a significant advantage
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to analyse and work with tabular data
- Experience in process improvement is a significant advantage
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or another Quantitative Field
- Strong interest and curiosity in blockchain technology & crypto
Join our dynamic team and benefit from:
- Working at one of the most innovative trading firms globally.
- Engaging projects offering accelerated responsibilities and ownership compared to traditional finance environments.
- A vibrant working culture with frequent team meals, holiday celebrations, gaming events, and company-wide outings, including our annual Wintermute weekend getaway.
- A Wintermute-inspired office in central London, featuring an array of amenities such as table tennis and foosball, personalized desk configurations, a cozy team breakout area with games and free food.
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional with a startup vibe, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
- A performance-based compensation with a significant earning potential alongside standard perks like pension and private Health insurance.
- Although we are unable to accept fully remote candidates, we support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours.
- We offer UK work permits and help with relocation
Find out more:
- View our open positions