Supporting the FP&A team with all Expense related FP&A tasks;
- Responsible for the production and modelling of UK expense plans and quarterly forecasts, including preparation of relevant board exhibits. This will involve in depth discussions with management across the business, developing and maintaining planning tools/modules and ensuring the wider team are able to utilise outputs in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the production and development of the monthly expense reports for all cost centres of the business within the UK, ensuring business heads receive detailed and timely analysis to allow them to make decisions and run the business effectively. This will require an ability to identify key drivers in variances against plan, perform trend analysis and be able to articulate messages clearly, through strong verbal and written communication.
- Business partnering of all UK cost centre budget holders.
- Responsible for the full planning, forecasting, allocation and actuals analysis of all IT Projects and HR FTE tracking. Working closely with senior members of IT, HR and other group entities.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the team's analytical capabilities. Maximising automation to deliver quick, focused and useful insights.
- Support the FP&A team with planning and forecasting of the UK Group expenses in relation to all relevant submissions to Lloyd's (QMA, QMB, GAAP for Syndicates) and for all UK Group entities.
- Support with planning, analysis and accurate reporting of the Ascot Consortium expenses as part of the UK Group as well as any other potential initiatives
- Take a role in developing business intelligence and modelling tools (such as TM1 or PowerBI) to ensure expense reporting is as dynamic, efficient and informative as possible. Where possible, assist with tutoring others.
- Involved in the calculation and communication of allocated expenses both within the Syndicate and throughout the UK group.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc projects as required.
Candidate should have an excellent business acumen and work ethic with experience in the insurance market desirable. He/ She should possess excellent insurance expense specific analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of Excel, and have a keen eye for detail. Due to the nature of the role and the interaction with key stakeholders and other teams, the candidate needs to be extremely organised and have excellent communication skills. A forward thinking mindset with the ability to pre-empt queries and requirements from the senior finance leadership would be invaluable.
Experience with TM1, PowerBI and/or Anaplan would be advantageous.