About the Role
We're the world's leading provider of secure financial messaging services. We are the way the world moves value - across borders, through cities and overseas. No other organisation can address the scale, precision, pace and trust that this demands, and we're proud to support the global economy.
We're unique too. We were established to find a better way for the global financial community to move value - a reliable, safe and secure approach that the community can trust, completely. We're always striving to be better and are constantly evolving in an ever-changing landscape, without undermining that trust. Nearly five decades on, our vibrant community reflects the complexity and diversity of the financial ecosystem. We innovate diligently, test exhaustively, then implement fast. In a connected and exciting era, our mission has never been more relevant.
What to expect
We are looking for a Payments Specialist to collaborate with the wider clearing, banking, fintech community including regulators and market infrastructures to own the realization of our roadmap to build new value for all.
1 In this role you will:
- As this is a global role; having worked in the region for Payments Businesses and understanding of the UK/EU Payments ecosystem is needed.
- Expertise in Euro Clearing or the Card Payments Schemes; as well as proficient exposure to Trade Payments would be key.
- Proficient understanding of eCommerce, B2B Market places, FinTech, Consumer & SME Payment solutions will be an advantage.
- Wholesale Payments Strategy working with other team members and Swift clients, communities, PMIs, and regulators.
- Ability to influence senior customers, both internally and externally.
2 What will make you successful?
- Working with major clients and communities
- Assessing new market developments for Wholesale Payments
- Proposing ways for financial institutions, payment enterprises to deliver instant sophisticated payments globally.
- Seeking community agreement to identified approaches.
- A key part of the role will be developing and chipping in to thought leadership for payment development.
- Examine ground-breaking changes encouraged to affect the industry over a medium term.
- Publishing papers and other articles on key developments and how this will affect payments in practice.
3 We are seeking professionals with:
- A university degree (MBA preferred) with minimum 12 years' relevant global experience in Product Strategy, Product Management, or Product Development with a keen insight for developing Payment Strategies.
- Covering key business innovations (e.g., CBDCs, Tokenised Assets)
- You will engage with financial institutions and the market to give inspiring change and position Swift strategy.
- Representing Swift at senior level
- Engaging with financial institutions, central banks, card/payment schemes, payment market infrastructures and industry groups
- Speaking at events and conferences
- Joining industry forums to drive change.
University Degree required.
12-15 years of experience
5 Preferred qualifications:
What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself
We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran/military status.