Capital Allowances - Senior Tax Advisor - Open to flexible working
Our specialist Capital Allowances (CAs) professionals help our clients to optimise the tax relief available on capital expenditure incurred on property and fixed assets. They do this by combining an understanding of tax, accounting and the practical aspects of construction, property and cost management.The Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist Capital Asset Tax Services team. The team help support and deliver pursuits and projects across all business sectors. This role will provide an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the Business Tax Services department, working across the UK.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with both clients in all of the EY local offices, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your corporate network.Key responsibilities of a CAs Tax Senior:
Tax Seniors in our specialist team get involved in a wide range of activities. From day one, under the mentorship of the leadership you will have the opportunity to:
Skills and Experience required for the role of a CAs Tax Senior
- Be involved in a range of fixed asset tax projects including discussing with clients their tax challenges and potential opportunities around fixed assets.
- Support sales and marketing activities. This includes preparing capital allowances and wider fixed asset services proposals and high-level feasibility exercises to determine the potential level of allowances available.
- Assist the wider tax practice with advice on various tax technical points on transactions, vendor and purchaser due diligence.
- Liaising with the client and their advisors to obtain detailed construction cost information.
- Reviewing legal documentation (such as sale and purchase, leasehold and contribution agreements) and the tax legislation to clarify a company's entitlement to claim capital allowances.
- Analysing the relevant available documentation and supplement any deficiencies in details utilising our team's quantity surveying skills to arrive at defendable valuations.
- Investigating asset lives and business requirements to assist with decision making of allocating qualifying expenditure to the appropriate capital allowances pool.
- Prepare and in some cases review capital allowances reports in detailing the various categories of allowances identified.
- Prepare technical updates to clients and the wider tax practice following changes to the capital allowances legislation.
- Drafting technical responses to queries raised by HM Revenue & Customs into our clients’ claims.
- Build and maintain productive working relationship with clients and provide high levels of client service.
What working at EY offers
- Experience or qualifications in quantity surveying, valuations or construction technology is welcomed, but not required.
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Excel. Additional or advanced technology skills are welcomed.
- Good project management skills, capable of planning and prioritising work whilst meeting all deadlines.
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards.
- Client focused and commercially aware.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically and willing to proactively suggest ideas.
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output.
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral.
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Join us in building a better working world.Apply now. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.