At Clarion, our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We’re proud that our core values of PASSION
, and TRUST
define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences.
If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic, and creative global business then we want to hear from you.The Opportunity:
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Accounts Payable Team for an Accounts Payable Assistant to take responsibility for processing payments, expenses, invoicing and setting up new suppliers. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator who enjoys working with data, has outstanding attention to detail and enjoys working within a team on a varied number of changeable tasks.Key
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Processing of expenses in an accurate and timely manner.
- Where appropriate ensuring that VAT is claimed back.
- Preparing the expenses for the fortnightly payment run.
- Assisting the Accounts Payable team with query resolution.
- Processing pro forma invoices and invoices in different currencies.
- Scheduling payments on the master payment run schedule.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Uploading payments with a range of banks.
- Setting up the process for new suppliers.
- Problem solving within the business and with suppliers.
About Clarion Events
- Previous knowledge of working in an Accounts Payable function.
- Knowledge of foreign payments/bank accounts.
- Excel skills, to include basic formulas and pivot tables are desirable.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or Workday are advantageous.
- Experience of working within a team and is a team player.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Displays a can-do attitude.
- Shows resilience on tasks ensuring satisfactory conclusions for all parties.
- Ability to adapt in an evolving department and able to embrace change.
- Ability to prioritise tasks with flexibility and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels.
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.Benefits
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- End of year wellbeing shutdown (closed for the last week of the year)
- Celebration day off (e.g. birthday, Diwali, Eid, etc)
- Summer Hours in August (3pm finish on Fridays)
- Helping Our World (HOW) Days - one paid day per quarter to carry out charity work
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - a 24/7, 365-day confidential helpline
- Subsidised Café
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free on-site gym and shower facilities
- Free eyesight tests
- Free flu vaccination - offered on site once a year for all employees