Overview Lead Analyst, Client Services Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 239 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Lead Analyst, Client Services to join our Clearance & Collateral Management Team. This role is located in Manchester is Hybrid.
The Clearance and Collateral Management line of business helps clients optimize their collateral portfolio and oversees their post-settlement activities. The Middle Office team is diverse and creative who are now seeking to expand its presence in Manchester. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Based in Manchester, your role as a lead analyst will provide you with the unique opportunity to work and participate in the creation and expansion of our operational Middle Office in the BNYM Manchester site: you will be asked to monitor the activities of the team in collaboration with the Brussels site and oversee the wellbeing and development of newly hired staff.
- We seek an organized and detail-oriented new member who can manage responsibilities, demonstrates a team/group spirit, and is eager to learn and grow.
- The Middle Office team acts both as service provider for Client Servicing teams within Clearance and Collateral as well as service receiver for a range of post-settlement services (income, corporate action, and tax payments) provided via the BNY Mellon "custody" channel for Collateral Provider clients.
- The Middle Office team oversees the reconciliation of clients' assets and cash via various systems (e.g. Nexen overdraft, TLM, Collateral platform) in most markets serviced by Bny Mellon (America, Europe, Middle East, APAC). We work in close collaboration with our partners in custody, overseeing the quality of their services and ensuring the seamless intermediation of client queries and escalations via eCRM. Our team ensures that, at all times, CCM cash and assets under custody remain in compliance with regulations such as CASS, CAP and GAS.
- Working in the Middle Office team in Collateral will allow you to build a network of peers within Clearance and Collateral Management (CCM) and gain experience working directly with our CCM partners. Furthermore, this function puts you in a unique position: as you gain in expertise, you will also start connecting the dots between our CCM projects/compliance teams and CCM operational flows, in the context of (large-scale) projects and audits.
- Demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, and ability to take the lead in implementing changes
- Flexible and willing to work in shifts
- Reliable, mature team player with a strong sense of responsibility toward clients and the team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment and to handle and prioritize multiplicity of tasks during the day and at certain points in the day
- Quick learner
- Able to think independently and to question issues or procedures with a view to improvement
- Excellent personal organization and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate ability to work independently on tasks when needed
- Minimum bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A number of years total work experience preferred.
- Experience in an operational area and/or client services preferred. Experience in Corporate actions is a plus.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.