AFH Wealth Management is proud to be one of the UK’s leading independent financial advisory and wealth management firms.
We believe that our success starts with our people. If you are determined to succeed and eager to take on new challenges, you’ll find a variety of exciting career opportunities at AFH. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity, with hybrid working, and a competitive salary and range of benefits.
As our Purchase Ledger, you will be responsible for day to day maintenance of Group wide Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Client Fees (invoicing) and associated back office records. As our Purchase Ledger you will typically:
What we are looking for in our ideal Purchase Ledger:
- Loading of all invoices received across the Group
- Obtaining departmental approval for all invoices received across the Group
- Weekly and monthly supplier payment runs across the Group
- MI on purchase ledger to Senior Ledger Accountant and Financial Controller across the Group
- Periodic statement reconciliations across the Group
- Monitoring purchase ledger emails across the Group
- Raising client fee/manual invoices across the Group
- Credit control process for client fee/manual invoices across the Group
- Monitoring cheque log for cheques received into Finance across the Group
- Monitoring sales ledger emails across the Group
- MI on sales ledger to Senior Ledger Accountant across the Group
- Assisting the Senior Ledger Accountant and other finance team members with their roles and responsibilities
- Any other specific duties required by Financial Controller
- Update job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations
Benefits and Perks at AFH
- Hold a keen interest for a career in Finance.
- Effective organisational and planning skills.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office
- Delivery focused, with a drive for quality throughout.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a keen eye for detail
- Flexible working & holidays - Enjoy flexible working and competitive holiday allowance, with annual buy & sell scheme options and your birthday off. Plus, additional holiday days for long service.
- Social perks - To recognise and celebrate employees' great work we are all invited to our annual Christmas and Summer parties.
- Pension - We offer a contributory pension scheme with Royal London as well as death-in-service benefit.
- Bonus scheme - All AFH employees are offered a competitive salary and a discretionary annual bonus, following completion of a year’s service.
- Health and wellbeing - The MediCash app puts your health in the palm of your hands. Claim cashback on a wide selection of health and wellbeing initiatives, including discounted health club memberships and free healthcare benefits.
- Professional development - We are committed to helping you reach your potential by offering tailored learning and development programmes.
- Shopping discounts - Our employees can choose from many retailers to get discounts or cashback on everyday purchases from our favourite high street clothing stores to our go-to supermarkets, as well as access to free online training courses.
Apply today to register your interest in joining our team, or learn more about the benefits and perks of working at AFH and what it is like to work here via our careers website.