From day one, our mission has been to create an independent business with a unique culture - one that is controlled by the people who work for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people has always been key to our success.
People come to Howden for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture. That's what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities - work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, volunteering - you'll find like-minded people driving change at Howden.
We are seeking a Lead Reinsurance Business Analyst / Platform Product Specialist
to work on an exciting reinsurance broking platform initiative to drive business transformation within the group
Summary of the role
We are looking for an expert Reinsurance Business Analyst to work as a link between business, data, technology and solution providers to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our services, products, and processes through the roll out of a global broking platform, a key group initiative for the broking business. In this role the business analyst will lead the analysis for the group reinsurance domain and will be the Reinsurance platform product specialist.
- Lead workshops, interviews and prototyping sessions in order to elicit business requirements
- Perform analysis within the reinsurance domain for the projects within the group
- Work closely with technology providers on solutions to meet business requirements and make recommendations
- Lead the prioritization of requirements in alignment with the clients and product owners
- Be the Reinsurance platform product specialist developing best practice and working closely with delivery partners on product roadmap and development
- Experience of working as a Reinsurance Business Analyst or similar role within an insurance broker, company or consultancy environment
- Detailed Knowledge of end to end Reinsurance Business processing is a must (e.g Treaty/XS Loss/Quota Share/Proportional)
- Has worked on a large business transformation programme such as an insurance or broking platform implementation
- Has worked through the whole life-cycle of a project from initiation through to User acceptance testing and launch
- Proficient in detailing and producing key analysis artefacts such as functional specifications, user stories, acceptance criteria, wireframes and process flows
- Can demonstrate superb communication skills including strong presentation skills and working with project teams in global markets
- Delivery focused with a proactive approach to analysis and can work with minimal supervision
- Be able to work as part of a fast paced team to deliver high quality business analysis within an agile environment and meet deadlines
- Experience of salesforce would be an advantage
- Experience of US reinsurance market would be an advantage
We are based in the vibrant area of the City of London. Our office is just a short walk away from Liverpool Street Station.
What we offer
Why Should You Apply? If you want
- Competitive salary & generous pensions
- Individual private medical cover via Bupa
- 26 weeks full pay maternity parental leave / 4 weeks full pay partner leave
- Agile working arrangements
- A wide variety of wellbeing offers: Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work (up to £5k), Digital GP services, Mental Wellbeing Support Apps
Our Culture: People First
- a career that you define working as part of a growing team
- an access to on-the-job learning and upscale courses
- to join the Group that considers their people as its chief competitive advantage
- to be a part of the place where everyone has a voice, where volunteering in the community is part of the day job, and where everyone is encouraged to play a part towards our sustainability goals
- to make a difference - not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community
We've travelled far since opening our first office in 1994. Back then we were local experts - based in London, with direct access to the world's biggest insurance market. We're still locals, and we still deliver the right advice and the right insurance to our clients. But now, we're local all over the world. With 15,000 global colleagues and a partner network spanning more than 100 territories, we are the largest independent insurance broker in the world. But our values haven't changed since day one, when we set out to create a company grounded in:
• An employee-ownership model
• Aligned external investors
• The trust and integrity born of friendship
Our focus on being a people-first business has always been at the very heart of Howden. Our vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture; one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. Our employee ownership model sets us apart in the market. It's created a culture of collaboration and innovation, where we're driven to think bigger and empowered to challenge convention.
Our flat structure and entrepreneurial spirit help us attract the best people and empower them to be the best version of themselves. And when we bring in and nurture great talent, more follows. That makes us better - and that's better for everyone. Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Permanent This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.