Our client is a commercially astute non-profit organisation based in Southeast London with an ever-expanding footprint and a fantastic culture. Due to the continues growth, they require an energetic Finance Director to join the team on a part- or full-time basis.
- To provide leadership and management of the finance, HR and IT functions and ensure the organisation can deliver strategic plan through stakeholders.
- Work with senior colleagues in the provision of financial information in relation to the forward planning and strategic development
- Lead the annual budgeting process, working with Directors and other colleagues to develop appropriate budgets to meet the objectives
- Build the financial analytics capability to enable accurate planning and an efficient agile operating model.
- Implement effective systems of budgetary control, including overall responsibility for the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Manage the cash position robustly; ensure that the treasury management policy is current and maintained
- Presentation, preparation, and submission of quarterly financial updates to the Board.
- Lead and develop a culture of accountability and autonomy for budget holders across the organisation
- Lead the statutory audit process working closely with the Audit and Finance Committee, and the appointed auditors, to ensure excellent standards of compliance;
- Oversee the investment portfolio, in partnership with the Audit & Finance Committee, and ensure that Trustees have appropriate information and advice to make informed decisions on its investments.
- Qualified Finance professional (4 years + post Qual)
- Years of experience working at a senior level with team management exposure
- Proven record working with a senior leadership team including the board