Harper May is presently collaborating with a prominent financial services group. Our client is actively in search of a skilled and driven Financial Reporting Accountant to become a part of their amicable finance team. The perfect candidate should hold full qualifications and possess experience in the financial services sector.
- Contribute and collaborate with the Financial Reporting team with the delivery of the monthly, half yearly and annual financial and regulatory reporting for the group and its subsidiaries.
- Reporting is done on the following basis UK GAAP, IFRS and Solvency II.
- Assist in providing input and contribute to the new business development with specific focus on bulk purchase annuities.
- Actively participate in the Finance Transformation projects, which will include the delivery of a new general ledger and associated processes.
- Preparation and reconciliation of working papers and trial balance to support the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting processes.
- All financial reporting processes should operate within a controlled environment.
- Analyse results and query figures and provide insights on the data available.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly MI and provision of commentary.
- Liaison with third parties where required, including external auditors and fund custodians, to progress resolution of any queries.
- Support of the on-going Finance projects (system; regulatory).
- Ad hoc tasks as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA; ACCA).
- Good working knowledge of General Ledger and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong financial analyst skills able to solve complex problems that have broad impacts.
- Knowledge of systems implementation.