As one of the world's largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions -- we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.Overall job purpose
To play a key role in delivering reactive assignments across a diverse client base. This will include being a lead consultant in delivery of investigations and linked assignments.
Periods of working alone or unsupervised, as well as part of a team of varying sizes (subject to project or assignment) is required. This is a client facing role where an ability to act as an ambassador for RSM as a trusted professional fraud Advisor is essential. The role is suitable for a candidate who is experienced in the delivery of criminal investigations, connected to fraud and financial crime, seeking a career of working with a wide range of varied clients and assignments. The key aspects of the role will involve delivery of investigation services and supporting clients who experience fraud instances, requiring investigative skills in compliance with criminal, disciplinary and regulatory legislation.
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they exist currently, but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule. Successful candidates will be required to be flexible and adaptable to changes and client requirements as necessary. This may include undertaking reactive investigations assignments as per operational requirements. Responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to maintain RSM's high level of service and values, taking responsibility for ensuring timely delivery of fraud investigations to a criminal standard, producing case files and presentation of cases in both magistrates and crown courts. Client support, and other additional duties that may be required. This will include having commercial acumen to deliver work on time, to quality and cost. The post holder will have personal objectives, a career development plan and individual performance targets to achieve as part of this role, which will be subject to periodic review and feedback via your line manager. Delivery of work will be expected to be in compliance with the Fraud Risk Services Standing Operating Procedure and associated RSM policies and regulatory requirements.
The job holder will undertake reactive assignments and investigations of relevant fraud cases, as required and may be required to attend Audit Committees and other client meetings to present findings and client support. Additional projects and assignments, as lead or part of a team may be necessary. There will be travel to and from clients required within the role and as a result, a degree of flexibility will be expected of the job holder.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo enhanced DBS and propriety clearance at appointment and during the employment.Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract.Essential
- Working within a fraud prevention/detection/investigations team
- ACFS qualification
- Experience of working within fraud prevention/detection/investigations team environment, with demonstrable PQE (or equivalent) experience
- Experience of presenting and managing cases during criminal proceedings in compliance with governing legislation and disclosure obligations.
- Has the ability to manage and progress multiple investigations to meet specific time lines
- Is willing to maintain an on-going level of continuing professional development (CPD) to ensure that skills and ability is attuned to current and emerging methodologies, legislative requirements and best practice
- Excellent verbal communicator, with an ability to articulate complex, sensitive and confidential information to staff, clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills, with an ability to construct high quality reports which may be presented to a varying degree of audiences
- Is client focussed with a flexible and adaptable approach to work by undertaking assignments at short notice, at the direction of FRS senior management to meet client demands
- Strong ability to organise a varied workload, plan and manage own workloads and calendar, ensuring high quality client service is at the forefront of priorities
- An ability to work unsupervised, use initiative and strive to exceed clients expectations
Will assist in the direction, supervision and mentoring of Consultants and junior staff as required on an individual assignment or regular basis
- Strong understanding and proven ability of fraud and bribery legislation
- Is proficient in the use of IT and office software packages, operating in a paperless working environment
- Excellent team player, with an ability to adapt and be flexible as to the demands of the role and client needs
- Has an ability to build relationships and rapport with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Will be prepared to undertake travel and where circumstances dictate, overnight absence from home maybe required, often at short notice
- PIP Level 2 Investigator (or equivalent)
- Possess a full, clean driving licence with use of own vehicle
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client's needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That's why we're working together to ensure our firm's principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.