Assistant Regional Accountant
- £40,000 per annum
- Medicash - Healthcare benefits, including dental, optical and therapy treatments (includes up to 4 dependent children)
- Aviva Digicare - Free annual healthcare check
- Exclusive Benefits & Wellbeing site (Perks at Work)
- Entertainment discounts - up to 55% off cinema tickets
- Health & Wellbeing discounts - Discounts for Nuffield Health (20%) and Pure Gym (10%)
- Travel discounts - Discounts with holiday companies such as TUI and Expedia
- Shopping discounts - Save up to 15% at high street and online stores by purchasing Shopping Cards
- Meals on duty
- Vodaphone discounts
- Pension scheme and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 23 days + BH's and additional day off for your birthday
- 2 days additional leave, following return from Maternity leave during first year back
- Competitive and supportive family benefits
- Day off for baby's 1st birthday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- On-going training & development and career pathways
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Financial wellbeing programme and preferred rates on salary finance products
If you are seeking your next role within Finance to be at an iconic venue, with a world class sporting events?
Want more than the "9-5" and have an element of operations in your responsibility?
Do you want to develop your career within a commercially driven, fast paced environment, with an operational and financial blend?
Would you relish the opportunity to join a fun and diverse organisation within Levy UK & Ireland - the name behind legendary experiences and powerful partnerships?
If so, then we have a brilliant opportunity for an Assistant Regional Accountant to join us here at Jockey Club Catering London Racecourses (Epsom, Kempton and Sandown)About us:
Levy UK & Ireland is the vibrant and exciting sector of Compass Group, the world's largest catering company. We work at some of the greatest venues in the world, delivering legendary experiences in food, drink, and hospitality.
In the UK, we are proud to have a wealth of long-standing partnerships with venues across sport, entertainment, and events. Our partnerships include venues such as Wimbledon, Twickenham, Edgbaston, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Principality Stadium, Scottish Event Campus (SEC) and ExCel London.
We are culinary champions - it's what we do and it's what we are passionate about. At the core of our work is the belief that sustainably sourced great food and drink, coupled with exceptional service is key to creating legendary experiences.
Focussed on ‘doing the right thing' for our people and the planet, sustainability, wellbeing, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we do.
We have a commitment to being Net Zero by 2027, are official partners of the British Paralympic Association, and are proud to pay all our team members at least the Real Living Wage or London Living Wage.
We collaborate with some of the UK's most game-changing and well-loved brands, all sharing our vision for bringing best-in-class experiences. More about the role:
During your time as an Assistant Regional Accountant, you will support the Regional Finance Manager in assisting the venue management teams understanding of their financial performance. You will be responsible for:
Assisting the commercial team regarding set up and on the day duties
Preparing information for accurate P&Ls pre and post events including profiling, attendance and SPH assumptions
Assisting in the accurate & timely weekly, monthly and rolling forecasts and annual budgeting/forecasting procedures
Attending regular reviews and acting as deputy for the Finance Manager where appropriate
Working closely with General Manager and Heads of Departments to ensure full awareness of all financial drivers in the business
Assisting in improving Working Capital including debt management, stock & cash control
Clear and concise internal reporting and preparation for business reviewsAbout you:
You will ideally be AAT qualified and/or working towards a professional qualification in ACCA/CIMA/ACA (QBE is also acceptable). You will possess good financial and commercial acumen with the following skills:
Experience in a financial role within a similar industry
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information in a clear and concise way
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Strong numerical and analytical skills for large quantity of data, with a close attention to detail
Proven Excel skills
- Flexible working ability as there is some weekend work
At Levy UK & Ireland, we take pride in fostering a workplace culture that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. We believe that our differences are our greatest strengths, and we are committed to creating an environment where every individual is valued, respected, and empowered. Our team is a vibrant tapestry of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, which enriches our creativity, innovation, and overall success. We are dedicated to providing equal opportunities, promoting fairness, and ensuring that all voices are heard.
We firmly believe that a diverse team leads to innovation and creativity. We welcome candidates from all walks of life and backgrounds to join us in our mission to create a supportive and equitable work environment where everyone has the chance to excel and collaborate.
Join us in our journey towards a more diverse and inclusive world, where every person has the chance to thrive and contribute their unique talents. Together, we can achieve greatness.
We collaborate with some of the UK's most game-changing and well-loved brands, all sharing our vision for bringing best-in-class experiences.