Senior Accountant- Laboratory Products Division (LPD) Controllership
How will you make an impact?
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues over $35 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we're uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. With our scale and the variety, when you join our team, you may work on the kind of sophisticated projects you can't find anywhere else.
The Senior Accountant - LPD Controllership position will support the division controllership function for LPD within the Life Sciences and Laboratory Products Group (LSLPG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific (division revenues exceeding $2.5 billion). The controllership function is responsible for accurate and timely reporting of all LPD global entities.
This full time, permanent opportunity can be site based or remote based within Europe.
What will you do?
Responsibilities related to the following areas:
- We support the monthly closing of accounting ledgers and the review of key LPD accounting processes, including the profit-in-inventory (PII) calculation, revenue eliminations, and review of bad debt and excess and obsolescence (E&O) reserves.
- Analytical review of the monthly financial results of the LPD business
- Technical accounting research of issues to ensure accurate accounting treatment
- Provide guidance on large or complex transactions and revenue deals
- Serve as a site accounting resource for questions on accounting or compliance related topics. In addition, support the LPD Controller as the liaison between site controllership and Technical Accounting, including the drafting and submission of technical waivers and memos surrounding reserves, exemptions, or key areas of judgement.
- We provide oversight of the work completed by local accounting teams supporting LPD EMEA Accounting Shared Service Center
- Support the coordination of the annual financial audit process performed by the external independent auditors
- Ensure that LPD accounting functions are being performed as stated in company procedures, financial close schedule, and in accordance with US GAAP and SOX
- Regular training of site controllers on corporate policies, accounting policy, accounting newsletter topics, and the Divisional Approval Authority Matrix
- Identify and drive operational improvement initiatives
How will you get here?
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- You have a background in accounting/finance
- You have experience completing a financial month-end close in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining a strong control environment
- You possess knowledge of U.S. GAAP including experience with revenue recognition and fixed asset accounting
- You have effective written and oral communication skills
- You can thrive in a large, international organization and have the ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse group of individuals and teams
- You have prior experience working with financial software such as SAP, Hyperion Financial Management or Hyperion Enterprise
- You keep an eye toward continuous improvement
- You are successful in a fast pace environment
- "We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
- Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
- "Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.