At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence United Kingdom is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the UK team based out of our Bristol office, providing key financial support and analysis to Digital and Future Programmes portfolio, specifically the Bridge the Gap contract
Boeing delivers innovative platforms, technology, services and capabilities to bring the best value to the Ministry of Defence and UK national security services. Employing more than 1,800 people, Boeing Defence UK provides long-term support for more than 120 Boeing Chinook, Apache, Poseidon and C-17 aircraft, providing battle-winning, life-saving capability to the UK armed forces and helping to train the crews that fly and operate them. Heavy modification work on the Wedgetail in Birmingham is also underway.
Utilising our established defence business in the UK, and blending our local expertise with our 'One Boeing' global approach, Boeing Defence UK is well positioned to support the UK with its current and future defence and security challenges. From critically important Logistics Information Services, to next generation in-flight digital tools, to aircraft and operational modelling and simulation methodology, we are ready to build upon these achievements and meet the needs of the UK, further combining our British roots and expertise with the unmatched breadth and depth of Boeing.
About the Role
This financial analyst role will provide to provide key financial support to the Digital and Future Programmes portfolio. This is a full-time role with hybrid working options, based out of our Bristol site.
The fast-paced and dynamic environment means that it is highly unlikely that any two days will be the same. While working in such agile settings, your wellbeing is very important to us; we strive for a healthy work-life balance with a supportive culture which fosters collaboration, innovation and first-time quality. As a BDUK employee, you will have the freedom to choose a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements, incentive programmes and access to a range of resources and tools to support your growth and wellbeing.
The role has the opportunity to work on cross functional teams for both daily work as well as special projects, interacting and collaborating with other functions/teams such as Programme Management, Engineering, Supply Chain as well as interactions with other elements of the UK&I Finance & Commercial team such as Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis. It will be key that the successful individual partners with key contacts across the business in support of Financial Operations for the programme they will be supporting.
We have a strong focus on skill development and career progression throughout the different areas of the finance function and the individual will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a pro-active, fast paced, dynamic environment. We will do our utmost to develop you and to ensure that you progress within the team, and enjoy a full career with the Boeing Company. At Boeing we're committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged.
- Full cycle project accounting support, (which could include proposal development, implementation & execution through to contract closure)
- Providing the management team financial support and information to enable timely and accurate decision making
- Finance Lead at project reviews, working closely with project managers and other project stakeholders
- Compiling and analysing performance reports
- Handling the monthly and quarterly financial forecasting process for your projects as well as the annual Long Range Plan
- Evaluating and managing potential impact of Risks and Opportunities
- Reporting programme performance including progress to plan, performance taken, and remaining effort, including effects on Orders, Revenue, Earnings & Cash
- Perform financial Estimates At Complete (EAC) to determine the profitability of contracts
- Provide in-depth analysis and recommendations for the business and support strategy development and strategic direction
Within the role you will be able to gain understanding and apply your experience in the following:
- Estimating and Pricing strategy
- Risk and Opportunity identification and management
- Collaborative working with Business Partners and cross-functional teams with oversight of a Financial Operations team
- Using Earned Value Management techniques and tools to interpret, analyse and understand monthly performance information
- Supporting consistency and standardization across the wider BDUK FinOps team, ensuring compliance to Boeing standards and requirements
- Providing regular reporting and presentations to Senior Leadership
- Support the development of performance reporting metrics and management information for use by programme leadership team
- Experience working within an operations-facing finance team
- A self-starter, comfortable with establishing required reporting drumbeats and processes
- Experience in Financial Operations/Project Accounting
- Business (Financial) understanding
- Strong Written and Oral Communication skills
- Focus on Customer satisfaction
- IT proficient (particularly Excel, Powerpoint)
- Qualified Accountant, or similar background in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance or Project Accounting/Controlling preferred
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status .
What Boeing offers you!
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here's a snapshot of what we offer for this role:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year
- Pension Plan with 10% employer contribution
- Company paid BUPA Medical Plan
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 6x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your on-going personal and career development
- Access to Boeing's Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- Excellent Parental Leave benefits
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world's most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.