Travel. It's one of life's simple pleasures. But, ooof, planning it can feel like hard work. For the last 20 years we've been on a mission to empower every traveller with innovative tools, insights and experiences that help people get to where they're going, so they can spend more time out exploring the world, and less time anxiously bouncing around 25 browser tabs and endless spreadsheets. Our traveller-first approach drives everything we do and it's never been more important than it is today.
When we launched as a flight comparison site back in 2003, we changed the game by helping travellers feel smart, like they were in on a secret, that promise hasn't changed. And today, while we're a world leader in travel, with millions of people using our products every single day we know there's so much more we can be doing.
Being part of Skyscanner means joining a team hell bent on building the world's most innovative, and helpful travel experiences possible. We're hugely ambitious and believe we have the chance to genuinely challenge and disrupt the industry.
Core Responsibilities (What will you be delivering on ? ;
As a Senior Tax Manager, you will be instrumental in delivering tax planning, optimising tax incentives, forecasting and compliance to deliver enhanced business outcomes, compliantly and efficiently. In this impactful position, you will be creating and delivering strategic tax project plans working across multiple areas of the business and across all areas of Finance. Identifying opportunities and improving processes, amplifying system capabilities, identifying industry best practices, and further evolving our tax and finance organisation to unlock its full potential. In short there is little chance of any two days being the same. This is an amazing opportunity if you are excited by working in a multi-cultural, fast-growing, fast-paced environment
Reporting to the Head of Tax you will be responsible for ;-
- A key input into the vision and strategic tax roadmap in partnership with the finance leadership team to build a finance function suitable for our company's growth ambitions
- Own forecasting the tax reporting and tax accounting impacts of tax optimisation projects and the wider forecasting of international tax across the Skyscanner group
- Applying your specialist tax knowledge to identify opportunities for Skyscanner to leverage available tax incentives, mitigate risk, achieve efficiencies in reporting and tax accounting processes.
- Conduct research and work with advisors to ensure we operate in full knowledge of the tax obligations on Skyscanner from our global operations and on projects as we continue with our ambition growth plans
- Construct and maintain the process and control environment to ensure tax planning is compliant including alignment with Legal on group arrangements, Financial reporting on intra-group charges, ensuring appropriate documentation and transfer pricing support.
- Model good leadership to inspire direction and deliver, drive people and drive change across functions
- Collaborating across the business, namely Finance, Legal & Talent, to drive forward business initiatives, you will lead on managing these projects and act as the centralised owner
- Assessing standard operating procedures within tax and finance and providing recommendations for process improvement, driving efficiency and scalability of existing processes and those that come under our finance transformation roadmap
- Your insights and recommendations will contribute to enhancing our internal reporting processes and investment business cases, enabling data-driven decision-making and fostering operational excellence.
- Monitoring project plans and timelines, ensuring the successful completion of projects
- Conduct insightful workshops to guide teams on tax topics and through transformational initiatives
- Provide support to leaders in strategic analysis and project scoping
- Report to and discuss with the Finance Leadership Team the progress of tax projects
What can you bring ?
- Qualified (CA ICAS or ICAEW, ACCA, or CIMA) , with 3 to 5 years post qualifying experience in either practice or preferably industry experience
- International tax experience ideally with Pillar 2 tax knowledge
- International tax forecasting / tax modelling experience
- Broad tax technical knowledge gained through working in a tax function (in-house / practice with an international tax specialism bias)
- Excellent MS Office skills, in particular Excel skills
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of global Transfer Pricing documentation and policies
- Experience of researching on tax technical subjects such as withholding tax, share plans, employee benefits, digital economy legislation changes
- Working cross-functionally to deliver projects
- Identification of tax claims or registrations, and double tax treaty applications to meet our filing obligations and/or optimise our tax positions
- Analysing the tax impact of business expansion into new territories
- Proficient in producing clear and concise reports and presentationsfor non-tax audiences
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate across diverse multi cultural
- You are extremely organised, proactive and self driven
- Demonstrate and develop strong stakeholder relationships and management
- Very comfortable with ambiguity and excels at bringing clarity and structure
- Experience of automation of tax processes and controls, (experience with SOX compliance preferable)
We would also be very interested if you have ;
- Proven experience in global international taxes and keeping up to date with tax legislation changes
- A willingness to embrace our Tax Strategy, operating honestly with a desire to do the right thing
- The ability to work independently, take initiative and create solutions
- International tax experience or knowledge of relevant overseas tax regimes
- Working knowledge of corporate governance, equity structures and legal documentation advantageous.
- Experience with tax technologies, tax software and tax automation
You'll join a brilliantly diverse group from all corners of the world. After all, travel is about finding new perspectives and experiencing new people and cultures - and Skyscanner is strongest when our teams are both inclusive and diverse. We recognise and challenge everyday biases, remove obstacles to inclusion and ensure all our people can thrive and be themselves.
We are committed to building a workforce that is representative of our travellers and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong, including people with disabilities. If you need any adjustments to the interview process because of a disability, please let our recruitment team know. Any information you share with our recruitment team will be used solely to allow us to ensure your candidate experience is inclusive and accessible based on your needs.