Ideas | People | Trust
We're BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today's changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain's economic engine - ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high-growth businesses that fuel the economy - and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We'll broaden your horizons
Our Marketing team is the driving force behind the creativity and growth at BDO. Marketing has a broad remit here. Their main goal is to equip the business to win and there are teams covering most touchpoints of the customer journey. Highlights include a national advertising campaign, the launch of a new firm-wide sales planning process and the implementation of new digital marketing tools. Because we know that great ideas can come from anywhere, you can be sure you'll be heard and have the chance to make a real impact. You'll be supported to build your career, but also to be yourself in the office. Help the firm succeed by staying ahead of the latest market trends, confidently implementing your ideas and collaborating with a range of shareholders. You'll be rewarded with a great work-life balance and a career with real purpose.
We'll help you succeed
Leading organisations trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You'll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and BDO's partners to help businesses effectively. You'll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to organisations we work with.
The PE Data Manager role is a key role within the Private Equity team, responsible for producing and analysing much of the data that supports the wider PE initiative and the PE Leadership Team. You will have a passion for creating solutions and have a positive attitude to change. You will provide subject matter expertise whilst working with data in excel, as well as on internal and external databases. The role will drive innovation for the PE team and identify opportunities for automation and improved efficiency and accuracy of firm data.
The PE Data Manager will be responsible for day-to-day delivery of administration activities according to governance, processes, policies and agreed service level agreements. You will scope and supervise data entry and data cleansing projects for the PE team, which supports the firm's risk and relationship management.
- Manage and supervise a small team (supervising PE staff or projects delegated to the SSC)
- Support the PE Operations Manager in preparation of Management Information and KPIs
- Maintain high quality data on our systems, and work with the PE Operations Manager to design and improve processes, automating where possible
- Document processes and train the team accordingly
- Work closely with the PE Operations Manager to deliver projects to deadlines
- Contribute to, and take ownership for, processes and projects related to data cleansing, reporting and KPIs
- Be a subject matter expert and be able to resolve non-routine issues
- Act as a trusted point of contact for less experienced colleagues
- Make independent decisions within the limits of authority
- Engage with key stakeholders to drive innovation
- Compile reporting packs for client facing teams
- Collaborate with the PE Operations Manager to produce reports relating to market trends and Private Equity trends within the firm
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, encouraging diversity of thoughts and ideas
- Focus on exceptional client service
You'll be someone with:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to use formulae (Index-Match / Vlookup etc) - required
- Experience of dealing with big data spreadsheets and reporting - required
- Experience of working on and combining data from various data sources - required
- Experience of PowerBI would be useful
- Experience of VBA macros, VBA code and Power Query will be useful
Training will be provided on the following systems and databases:
- Companies House
- VBA macros
- Sharepoint and OneDrive
- Microsoft Dynamics - CMS - in-house system
- Intapp / CTO2 - in-house systems
You'll be able to be yourself; we'll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We're committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we'll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We're in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO's core values and we're proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we'll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you'll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we've invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO's people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we'll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you'll never stop learning at BDO.
We're looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy.
Our success is powered by our people, which is why we're always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We've got a clear purpose, and we're confident in our future, because we're adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.