Cluster Financial Controller - Maldron Hotel Brighton
Dalata Hotel Group are the most successful and largest hotel group in Ireland, and now have a growing presence in the UK and Continental Europe. We operate the Clayton Hotel and Maldron Hotel brands alongside a number of partner hotels, and our portfolio consists of 51, primarily 4-star hotels situated in city-centre locations.
We are continuing our sustained growth and expansion with the opening of new hotels in the following UK cities, Liverpool, Shoreditch London, Brighton and Manchester Cathedral Quarter.
Dalata offers plenty of room for career growth, lots of responsibility and autonomy, and a brilliant work culture with a benefits package to match.
Role: Cluster Financial Controller
The Cluster Financial Controller is expected to ensure the efficient running of the finance function within their hotels. This should include clear and consistent management of controls and compliance and ensure that a high level of reporting is being maintained. They should consistently seek to provide business acumen to parties both within and outside the finance function to ensure that risk is mitigated, and opportunity taken. They should seek to partner with the GM and other non-finance related disciplines to deliver on the overall objectives of the business. Thery will also work closely with a central finance team consisting of Finance Business Partners and Regional Financial Controller.
- Work closely with the General Manager and operational team to ensure understanding of KPIs and how they affect the various departments.
- Challenge departments to improve profitability by setting stretching but realistic targets.
- Maximise profitability of the business through the articulation of the commercial impacts of decisions and how this affects future business.
- Challenge, support and work alongside the General Manager, to ensure Heads of Departments have clear financial targets.
- Recruit, train, develop and coach the appropriate resources for the finance function and motivate to get the best out of them.
- Promote a positive attitude by being visible, approachable, and supportive to teams within the hotel and other key stakeholders, e.g. Other Central Finance teams.
- Ensure financial controls and procedures within the hotel are robust, sustainable, and maintained with regular updates to the evolving nature of the function and the environment.
- Monthly Management Accounts - In depth review prior to submission to ensure they are a fair reflection of trade both current and future.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations to include key controls sign off "agreed" standard month end file both physical and electronic.
- Reporting - ensure that deadlines are being adhered to and if there are bottlenecks or consistent issues that they are dealt with appropriately.
- Management of key income, payroll and payment tasks through the utilisation of top-class technology to ensure consistency and completeness of process.
- Oversee the implementation of new controls as and when required. Identify gaps and contribute to the evolving nature of finance function.
- Presentations - opportunity to present strategy and priorities to the Dalata executive team.
- Contribute to our drive to sustainability, communicating and supporting group and local initiatives.
- Discounted gym membership
- Career development & progression with our award winning Dalata Academy Training Programme
- Staff rates in over 50 hotels for you, your family and friends
- Discounted Food and Beverage in all Dalata properties
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- And much more...