Recruitment Partner: Lizzy Parfitt
About the role
Boots Opticians are looking for a Senior Finance Analyst - Working Capital to join our Controllership team, reporting into the Finance Manager - Working Capital, Margin & Franchise Partner Accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a team that has broad reach across pivotal areas of finance, including debtors and creditors, franchise partner accounts, and cash.
This is a multi-faceted role which allows you to use and develop your technical accounting knowledge and analytical mind-set, as well as build relationships with key stakeholders. You will have responsibility for accurately delivering month end processes, management of cash allocation and analysis of our balance sheet. In this role you will:
- Take responsibility for accurate reporting of debtors and creditors as part of month end close
- Review balance sheet reconciliations for area of responsibility, prepared by outsource Finance team
- Have oversight of cash and bank balances and bank reconciliations prepared by Treasury
- Ensure store cash allocations are processed by outsource O2C team and differences followed up and resolved
- Support with cash forecasts
- Manage trade debtors (Franchisees and other) including query resolution, analysis of ageing and bad debt
- Provide support to the Franchise Business Development Managers to help them understand the debt in their areas
- Work with tax team and payroll to ensure all HMRC submissions (VAT, PAYE & NI) are accurately recorded and reported
- Provide support for the external audit process for area of responsibility
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency in processes by further automation and elimination of non-value add tasks
- Work closely with the Genpact R2R team to ensure all tasks are accurately completed on time
- Work collaboratively with O2C and P2P teams as necessary
- Ad hoc projects as required
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
What you'll need to have
- Part-qualified or newly qualified (ACCA, CIMA etc.) accountant
- Strong communication skills with ability to collaborate with senior finance and non-finance stakeholders and Franchise Partners
- Ability to proactively manage workload and deliver to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, diverse environment
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills are essential
It would be great if you also have
- Experience of SAP and business objects advantageous
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
Why Boots Opticians
Our purpose is to help everyone see what's possible, so we're looking for people who go the extra mile to change things for the better for our customers and our team members. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. Join our team and let's see what's possible when we change for the better. To find out more about life and careers with us, click here.
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.