Contract: Fixed term (12 months)
Recruitment Partner: Lizzy Parfitt
About the role:
Welcome to Controllership - Operations - an exciting team at the heart of Boots UK's reporting landscape. This team has insights into all things Operational from Supply Chain to Property charges. You will be responsible for the month end close and lease accounting across the vast estate portfolio.
You will report into the Senior Finance Manager - Controllership - Operations; the main objective being the accurate and timely delivery of month end whilst adhering to monthly and quarterly Sox controls. Lease accounting for both US GAAP and IFRS is a critical part of the role but there is also an opportunity to be involved in ad hoc projects working alongside a number of stakeholders within the business.
The team is part of the wider controllership team and as such has scope to be involved with wider opportunities such as Group reporting. A relationship with the offshore team is also key for success.
- Accurate and timely accounting for lease costs and operational charges (supply chain, stores, property)
- Liaising with Operations FP&A, and Business Partnering teams to ensure month end inputs are accurate and on time, ensuring ad hoc accounting impacts are captured
- Working closely with the offshore BPO team on day-to-day activities, ensuring effective working processes around month end, quarter end and year end closes
- Coordinating the resolution of any Financial Accounting items or judgements escalated back from the BPO
- Ensure adherence with WBA policies and procedures and SOX controls.
- Provide support with the co-ordination of all audit deliverables along with review of certain BPO audit deliverables
- Aid in completion of IFRS statutory accounts
- Champion the implementation of WBA Global Finance processes and tools across Boots and the BPO as appropriate in support of the wider finance transformation
- Provide back-up and support at a peer level across the wider Controllership team allowing opportunities for development across the wider controls team
We currently operate a fixed hybrid working approach for Support Office team members with a mix of remote and office-based working. Our set office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with team members able to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
What you'll need to have:
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
- Good communication skills - work and communicate effectively with key individuals across the business and feels comfortable in challenging the status quo
- Be able to deliver to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous employee discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme including discounted gym membership, life assurance, activity passes, holiday buying and much more.
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility). Please note, any salary estimates given on third-party sites are not provided or endorsed by Boots and may not be accurate.
We're always looking for people who care; people who go the extra mile to change things for the better. You'll be joining a company that is evolving and always looking to improve. We foster a working environment where consideration and inclusivity help everyone to be themselves and reach their full potential. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. As the heart of everything we do at Boots, it's with you, we can change for the better. To find out more about life and careers at Boots, click here.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you'll be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to help you to be at your best.