Trainee Management Accountant PBFA- CBS Indirects (18 month Secondment)
Role type: FTC Role
Rank: Level 2
Reports in to: Finance Manager Location:
Working to support the Finance Manager group, this is an excellent opportunity to get involved in month-ends, budgets and supporting the various business leaders across the firm. This role is aligned to the CBS Service Line (Indirects). It provides an excellent training experience for those who wish to progress to become a Finance Manager.
The CBS Finance Team consist of a Head of Finance, two Senior Managers, a number of Finance Managers and Management Accountants split by CBS function and based in multiple locations. We work closely with the CBS Function leadership team.
Your key responsibilities
- Working with the relevant Finance Managers (FM) to provide financial support, control and insight for a portfolio of CBS functions.
- Preparing, reporting, analysing and providing constructive commentary on monthly and YTD results and performance against plan.
- Communicating effectively with the FMs and the Business leads by sharing and interpreting information that will help to improve business performance.
- Direct interaction with the CBS Function leaders to ensure that financial controls are being consistently applied as well as providing insight and analysis on trends and anomalies.
- Preparation and submission of annual plan, working with business and finance leads in the process - this will include a quarterly forecast against the approved annual plan.
- Look for ways to improve our approach and processes - freedom to bring forward fresh ideas and ways of working.
- Dealing with ad hoc finance queries as they arise.
Skills and attributes for success
- Confident and able to build strong relationships at management/partner levels.
- Management Accounts experience: including end to end monthly accounts close process of accruals, prepayments and variance analysis and commentary.
- General Ledger reconciliations: balance sheet analysis and sign-off.
- Annual planning and forecasting experience - working with multiple experience and to a fixed timetable.
- Able to challenge and articulate opinions succinctly and persuasively.
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to manage their own time and to manage the expectations of numerous stakeholders.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of one years' experience within an office workplace
Ideally, you'll also have
- An enthusiastic, can do approach and be a strong team player
- The ability to juggle conflicting demands on time and prioritise effectively
- The ability to pre-empt deadlines and pursue colleagues for relevant information
- A desire to embrace and drive change whilst identifying and supporting process improvements and demonstrating best practice
- Ability to learn new processes and skills quickly
- The ability to work well unsupervised and use initiative where required
What we look for
We are looking for someone with a flexible and "can do" attitude who is not afraid to suggest, and develop new ideas within the Finance teams, embracing technology and change.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.