European High-Yield Credit Analyst (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
22 Bishopsgate, London - Hybrid
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
At AXA IM our purpose, to act for human progress by investing for what matters, is central to every action we take as a business. As a responsible asset manager, we actively invest for the long-term to help our clients, our people and the world to prosper.
As a future European High-Yield Credit Analyst, you will report to Head of European IG &HY Credit Research, and you will be part of AXA IM Core.
DISCOVER your opportunity
The Credit Analyst will contribute to the fixed income investment process supporting European Portfolio Managers by providing (1) fundamental credit analysis, including internal credit ratings, climate colours and analysis of ESG factors on a forward-looking basis; (2) relative value ideas (3) market insight on covered sectors; (4) supporting client and prospective client requests as needed.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Provide written credit research reports/analysis supporting investment recommendations in issuers held in portfolios, including rationale for the assigned proprietary fundamental credit rating applying the AXA IM Credit Research Process as well as the assessment of ESG factors, climate colours, participation to ESARC when necessary to provide qualitative view on a given issuer.
- Support Portfolio Managers' investment decisions through trade idea generation based on bottom-up fundamental credit and relative value analysis of issuers in assigned sectors.
- Participation as required to new business opportunities (Third party RFPs/client pitches), client meetings and responding to client queries in a timely manner.
- Provide back-up to the other analysts as required.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned from time to time.
SHARE your unique expertise
We welcome different combinations of skills & experiences.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration and/or Management is required
- CFA designation, MBA or equivalent is a plus
- Proven experience in fundamental credit analysis and bond pricing mechanisms, acquired at asset management company, investment bank and/or credit rating agency
- Previous coverage of the High-yield issuers preferred
- Understanding of ESG framework and experience in ESG analysis preferred
Your knowledge and skills:
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of financial statements, accounting standards and restatements
- Solid understanding of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices and issues
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Well organized able to work with critical deadlines
- Experience in developing financial models using multi-factor inputs
- Understanding of Fixed Income Markets
We would love to know more about you. Let's connect! Send us your resume.
The AXA Group is a global leader in insurance and asset management, with 160,000 employees serving 105 million customers in 62 countries.
We protect and advise our clients at every stage of their lives, offering products and services that meet their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, savings and asset management.
Our mission: To act for human progress by protecting what matters
Our values: Customer first, Integrity, Courage and One AXA
About the Entity
At AXA IM we are investing with a clear purpose - to make the world a better place. We act for human progress by investing for what matters. Our conviction-led approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and core asset classes. We are already entrusted by our clients with more than €887 billion in assets.
AXA Investment Managers | Home | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com)
AXA IM is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates with disabilities or any other protected characteristic to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities, when needed, to apply for a position or to perform essential job functions.
Inclusion and Diversity | Careers | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com)
What We Offer
We are committed to offer you an environment where you can:
Grow your potential: Be part of a forward-thinking business with internal opportunities and personalized learning paths available to help constantly develop your skills and abilities.
Shape the way you work: Work for a company which is highly committed to providing flexibility & balance to its employees, offering you a large range of benefits (hybrid working, competitive health benefits, among many others.).
Thrive within a diverse community: Play a role within a responsible company that actively recognizes and values individual differences in a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Move the world forward: Join a responsible employer that acts in favor of societal and environmental causes as an investor, insurer and company, notably through the AXA Heart in Action association. As part of our commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility, we will celebrate your arrival by planting a tree.