Category: Financial Analysis
JobSchedule: Full time
Posted Date: 2024-02-07T08:40:15+00:00
If you have corporate finance, problem solving, influencing, and relationship building skills this is a great opportunity to become a member of 17 investment professionals across New York and London. The team in London has 4 members and focuses primarily on strategic investments opportunities in EMEA and APAC.
As Strategic Investments Analyst in the Strategic Investments team (part of Corporate Sector in the Office of the CFO, Acquisitions and Strategic Investments group), you will partner with JPMC LOB (line of business) executives internally, and with external investors in analyzing and executing strategic principal investments and strategic partnerships that could result in JPMC acquiring a minority equity ownership in a company, as well as helping with portfolio management activities in connection with such strategic investments and partnerships.
- Evaluates transactions that involve minority equity ownerships into companies whose products or services are viewed as strategic by the relevant LOB to JPMC
- Executes transaction processes (including communication, reporting, due diligence, transaction documentation, etc.) and coordinates relevant governance and approvals
- Helps with portfolio management activities, including portfolio reviews and reporting, valuations, shareholder / corporate actions, board appointments and regulatory disclosures
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong undergraduate academic record and previous experience at a leading financial services, technology, private equity and/or venture capital firm.
- Strong interest in financial markets, innovation and investments
- Strong judgement, multi-tasking skills, pro-activity, ability to work independently, and work ethics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Distinctive corporate finance, modelling, analytical and conceptual problem solving skills
- Professional maturity and personal integrity, robust interpersonal skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
Experience in investment banking, principal investing, strategy and corporate development, and/or financial technology is a plus