EYFO Level 3 - Manager
Company Overview: Ernst & Young (EY) is a globally recognized professional services firm known for its commitment to delivering exceptional client service and outstanding results. We offer a diverse range of services across assurance, advisory, tax, and transaction advisory to assist organizations in achieving their goals and navigating complex challenges.
Position overview: We are seeking a newly qualified Accountant to fill the role of Manager in our Finance Operations Services team. As part of this position, you will not only oversee and manage the financial operations and systems for a diverse portfolio of clients, but also deliver insightful analysis, exhibit curiosity and excellent problem-solving skills, foster inherent relationship-building attributes and focus on developing your team members for professional growth. Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily finance operations for a portfolio of clients.
- Prepare and analyse management accounts records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Interact and cultivate relationships with clients offering valuable insights, being curious, asking probing questions for a better understanding of their business processes.
- Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to provide valuable insights and forecasts for future revenues and expenses to clients.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of new accounting technologies.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and stakeholders, utilizing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Lead and inspire a team of finance professionals, oversee the professional development of junior accountants, and contribute to talent management initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with financial guidelines, company policies, and relevant legal regulations.
- Engage in collaborative strategic planning to drive the success of your clients' businesses and contribute to the expansion of our firm.
- Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent).
- Solid experience in managing various financial functions with excellent attention to detail ideally developed within a professional services firm.
- Highly analytical, demonstrating strong numerical and financial management skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and deliver powerful presentations.
- Prior team management experience, with a focus on mentoring and development of team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with a highly curious mind, strong problem-solving skills and ability to ask the right questions for business success.
- Personable and collaborative with excellent negotiation and relationship-building skills.
Join EY's dynamic team and contribute your expertise to our commitment to delivering exceptional client service. We offer competitive compensation, professional development opportunities, and a collaborative work environment that fosters growth and innovation. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.