We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst - Finance to join our London office. As a position in the Group Finance team, this Officer/Advisor level role supports the implementation of technology solutions for global business objectives. This means working on projects from start to finish and translating ideas into tangible outcomes. Doing so involves:
- delivering solutions to decision makers and Finance clients in keeping with internal or external accounting policies and business drivers
- promoting A&O's on-going compliance with global fiscal and regulatory frameworks in current and future territories of operation
- developing and implementing operational change across the Finance function whilst promoting best practices and maintaining internal controls
- supporting the Finance leadership and Finance teams across the network in meeting objectives
- sharing knowledge with internal and external clients through formal and informal means
The Business Analyst must either be an experienced BA with a transactional system background or a qualified accountant with an aptitude for finance systems
Role and responsibilities
The Business Analyst (BA) will act as a business partner with two major aims: delivering change and ensuring continuity. More specific details on these two areas are detailed below.
- Contribute to AOSS merger related activities assigned including involvement in process mapping, specification and implementation of merger-related system development changes and training and onboarding of new users to Elite 3e.
- Contribute to or manage ad hoc Finance or Finance-affected projects outlined by business or Finance management, working from initial ideation through requirements gathering to proposal, design and delivery.
- Partner with teams throughout the global Finance function and other support departments to understand business needs with aim of improving accuracy, efficiency and controls
- Contribute to the opening/set up of new operations in the A&O network and restructuring of existing business units
- Support & train finance and other personnel globally on specialist subjects.
- Participate in practice management system upgrade projects, including testing, training and documentation.
- Write software test plans, carry out methodical testing and document results
- Work with Information Delivery team to guide the direction of internal and external reporting
- Develop in-depth functional and operational knowledge of Finance systems and policies to provide subject matter expertise to stakeholders across the business
- Research and understand current and future accounting and tax requirements in jurisdictions around the world and be able to interpret these into practical procedures and system processes
- Steward practice management system configurations, which determine how transactions post to general and sub ledgers and ensure integrity of data used for management reporting
- Understand the budget, month-end & year-end management/financial accounts preparation process to be able to support the Group Reporting Team
- Collaborate with and cover for other Business Analysts
- Build and maintain relationships with Finance staff, to be able to assist with their education and to promote best practices and procedures in line with global finance policies
- Problem-solving skills with focus on creative, yet pragmatic solutions
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously in an environment with shifting priorities
- Aptitude for learning and using financial/management information systems
- Grasp of the importance of process management and standardisation
- Facility to adapt to and implement change, including interpreting requirements to deliver outcomes in line with the Firm's policies
- Accuracy, timeliness and consistency
- Willingness to collaborate with others to achieve success as a team
- Initiative and desire to get the job done, with commitment to a high standard
- Experience of working closely with developers to create innovative solutions
Who we are looking for
- Member of a recognised accounting body as a qualified accountant or an individual with extensive proven experience as a BA
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience in working with finance transactional system as an administrative user
- SQL skills an advantage
- Previous work experience in a multinational Finance function is an advantage, as is a law firm or professional services background
- Experience of the Thomson Reuters Elite 3E Finance system (beneficial)
Should you require additional support at any stage of the recruitment process due to a disability or a health condition, please do not hesitate to contact a member of Allen & Overy's recruitment team who will work with you to provide any reasonable adjustments as required.
We are an equal opportunities recruiter and do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, private medical insurance, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing an onsite gym, wellbeing centre and GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, holiday entitlement increasing with length of service, holiday trading, season ticket loans and online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together. If you would like additional flexibility we will of course consider this in line with business needs.