About the team
The Mortgage Product Pricing team are a highly energetic and proactive team that are responsible for setting the pricing for our mortgage range across all of the OSB brands for both new and existing customers. They monitor movements in the mortgage market, the wider economy and business performance versus target to then design products and pricing to ensure we keep on track to deliver the Group's goals, as well as delivering the best customer outcomes.
The OSB Group is a FTSE 250 specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market.
Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB's unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.
Alongside passion for our products and customers, we're passionate about our people and want to continue building a collaborative and engaging environment. Being dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we encourage differences and recognise that individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights and enhance the way we work. This is supported by our Diversity, Community and Environment Employee Engagement Networks and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter and Women in Leadership Programme.
What you will be doing
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of the Mortgage Product team with tasks that contribute towards the growth and continued profitability of the business by ensuring pricing is aligned to key business targets for the Precise Mortgages, KRFI and InterBay Commercial brands.
You will support with activities relating to product enhancements, reviews, analysis and projects, providing you with the knowledge, experience and exposure to reach your career goals.
Your responsibilities will include...
- Responsible for producing and maintaining knowledge records of key competitors, pricing and high level lending criteria, ensuring that market analysis is always readily available.
- Responsible for using existing market and internal performance data to analyse which areas of the business any changes are likely to impact, reporting key competitor movements to the wider products team.
- Take a proactive approach by making recommendations and proposals based on the latest market trends, not waiting for requests to make changes.
- Collaborating with our Mortgage BI team so that the information used across the business is the most appropriate and identifies key areas of performance.
- Working alongside the Product Managers to support the pricing for each line is set to achieve the business targets for balance growth, returns and within risk appetite.
In return for your commitment
We offer a base salary dependent on experience and location of between £30,000 - £36,000 and a competitive benefits package including:
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 15%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Maternity & Adoption Leave - Occupational Maternity/Adoption Pay provided at 100% of salary for the first 13 weeks and at 50% of salary for the next 13 week period.
- Paternity Leave - 4 weeks of paid leave to be taken within 8 weeks of childbirth.
- Additional benefits such as Hybrid working, Cycle Purchase scheme, Technology Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals, Payroll giving and Save as you Earn scheme.
Could you be the one?
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience and knowledge set out below:
- Previous experience of product data analysis and market competitor analysis, producing reports that highlight potential risks and opportunities.
- Detailed knowledge of current and new analysis methods
- Intermediate IT skills in use of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Advanced organisational/prioritisation and attention to detail skills
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, please apply now! For internal applications please visit the internal careers page to apply.
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal and confidential chat please get in touch. Contact details can be found on our careers page.
If shortlisted from your initial application we operate a personalised recruitment process. Interviews are a two way street, we aim for them to be relevant and conversational to get the best out of you!
OSB Group are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and committed to treating all our employees and job applicants equally. We embrace equal opportunities and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
As part of our public commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, we have introduced our own initiatives to attract, develop and advance senior women in our sector. We don't stop there though, we have broadened our approach to encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels and in all roles. Our leadership and Executive Committee are right behind us, to the extent that our Diversity Champions sit at Board level and on a monthly basis receive updates on our progress.
Whilst we are an organisation that values face-to-face interaction to build and nourish our culture, we also acknowledge that people are not just productive in an office and tied to the 9 to 5. Flexible-working opportunities are important for establishing a healthy work-life balance so if you see a role of interest we are happy to be asked about flexibility and explore together if we can make it work.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.