Why join Marshall in this role?
Marshall Slingsby Advanced Composites is based in Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire, where it produces complex composite structures that are predominantly used to manufacture vital parts on ships, submarines and aircraft.
From bespoke one-off designs to low-volume manufacture, the business enjoys a unique place within its sector thanks to its application of ground-breaking technologies that drive the industry forward.Your responsibilities in this role:
- Managing and leading a small team to deliver monthly management and statutory accounts ensuring financial controls and processes are within the Business Unit such that they are maintained in accordance with both company and UK GAAP standards.
- Ensuring that financial planning and reporting provides the required clarity of the financial performance of the entity to inform local management and the wider company and thereby assist in decision-making.
- Leading cross-functional teams in the design, financial assessment, appraisal and implementation of strategy, systems, policies, or projects to improve or maximise company performance and minimise risk.
- The IT provision on site ensuring that the systems are appropriate, maintained, and robust enough for the demands of the business.
- Potentially function as Deputy MD during absence of the MD, leading the SLT
- Implementing and maintaining financial systems and processes that allow compliance with internal and external control disciplines.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial data for both Marshall group Finance and BU non-finance management and staff.
- Assist the MD in forming the medium to longer-term strategy and tactical planning qualifying financial forecasts over 12, 36 and 60 months period.
- Ensuring the quality, relevance, and timeliness of financial data
Apply if you have most of the following:
- Produce weekly rolling 13-week cash-flow forecasting, monthly local and Group reporting (management accounts) and annual statutory accounts, consulting with external auditors to ensure legal financial compliance.
- Providing quarterly forecast, annual budgets and rolling 5-year business plans (part of business strategizing)
- Capex preparation and authorisation, Banking, Insurances, Audits (external & internal)
- Providing advice, assistance, and guidance on a wide range of commercial and financial matters
- Maintain knowledge in area of expertise and coach and develop colleagues.
- To define and maintain KPI's to measure performance and maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
- To prepare monthly financial data on business performance and present monthly at the SAC board meetings and compiles the board meeting minutes.
- To communicate effectively with internal and external parties to encourage an integrated approach.
- To guide and support team in assessments and negotiations maximising financial performance and return for the business.
- Degree level education, preferably in a related subject but other subjects will be considered.
- Fully Qualified Member of a recognised professional accounting body
- Extensive experience in a commercial/manufacturing environment
- Staff management - recruitment, training & development
- Proven experiencing of managing senior internal and external stakeholders (i.e., Auditors)
- Understanding of Group reporting disciplines
- Experienced in strategy definition and financial evaluation (medium to long-term planning)
- Commercial skills re cost analysis, rate assessment and bid preparation.
- Strong written, communication, analytical and presentation skills
- ERP system and Microsoft products skills re Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Methodical and strategic thinking
- Integrity - builds a trusting relationship between members of the internal team and other stakeholders.
- Drive results - takes accountability and ensures clear lines of communication.
- Teamwork - recognises that together we achieve more.
- Coach - Deliver an environment where people can perform to their maximum potential.
•Competitive salary, 27 days holiday increasing with service up to 30 days (option to buy /sell), pension contributions up to 9%, healthcare cash plan for you and your children, extensive flexible benefit program.
•Marshall, an independent, family-owned British company, proudly helping our customers move forwards since 1909.About Marshall
Marshall is an independent, family-owned UK company with a diverse portfolio of businesses and a shared commitment to keeping our customers moving forward.
Whether that is supporting global armed forces to deliver mission-critical activities, keeping the UK distribution industry on the road, creating new sustainable communities where people can live and thrive, or developing the next generations of industry talent - we are incredibly proud to have been building extraordinary futures since 1909.Marshall Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marshall Group is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace.