One of my local authority clients based in England are currently on the lookout for an Assistant Director of Finance, Revenues & Benefit to join their team on an interim basis.
Assistant Director of Finance
Contract: 6 Months +
Start Date: February/March start
Hours: 37 (possible P/T option)
Hybrid: X2 days p/w in office (possible flexibility)Location:
You will be acting as the Council's Deputy S.151 Officer, assisting the Director of Finance (S.151 Officer) to lead the Finance Business Partnering, Financial Systems and Revenues & Benefits teams.
- To act as the first point of contact that the team would go to with queries.
- Hands on work with closures of accounts.
- Pull accounts together and check challenges for the team and also the Head of Finance.
- Act as a liaison / financial representative on certain projects at the council.
- A level of day-to-day management of the overall team.
- Build medium term financial plans moving forwards.
Successful candidates will be qualified Accountants (CCAB or CIMA), have a good technical knowledge, have previous experience within financial management and doing the above listed duties within a local authority setting.
There is potential scope for interviews to be conducted this week on a remote basis therefore if you are interested in the post or do have any queries then please do not hesitate to reach out.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV or call me on 0115 666 6399.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.