Daniel Owen is now looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our Operations team based in Reading.
This opportunity will see you joining a well established operations team within a Recruitment Business, where you will be responsible for weekly payroll of our temporary workers. With future opportunity for development this role would suit someone who is looking for the opportunity to progress and become a Manager in the near future. The role:
What you need to succeed:
- Take ownership of our weekly temp payrolls for umbrella and PAYE workers over 3 recruitment businesses, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of each weekly payroll.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with Candidates, Clients, Sales Consultants, HMRC and umbrella providers.
- Ensuring accurate processing of starters, leavers, SSP, SMP, holiday pay, pensions, attachment of earnings and payroll adjustments.
- Reconciling and reporting on weekly payrolls.
- Working with accounts and credit control department to investigate and resolve discrepancies with timesheet and payroll records.
- Verifying timesheets submitted by sales team before they are processed through the payroll system.
- Communication with Pension Providers and Pension Regulator regarding auto-enrollment rules, including re-enrollment.
Previous experience within high volume payroll is essential for this role as there will be over 1000 timesheets each week to process. A background working for a Recruitment company is not essential for this role however you must have worked in a fast-paced environment. You will need to be very organised, have excellent attention to detail, understand UK payroll processes, PAYE, National Insurance and Minimum Wage Regulations. What Daniel Owen can offer you in return:
If you could see yourself being part of this team and more importantly a company who value and develop their employees please apply. RED123
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care scheme
- Life insurance policy
- Able to gain fully funded qualifications
- In-house training and coaching to support your career development and move into Management
- Quarterly incentives
- Holiday buy and Sell Back Scheme plus a free day's holiday at Christmas and for your birthday
- Anniversary & Long Service Awards
- Opportunity to go on annual company-funded weekend away e.g., Budapest, Manchester, Prague