Finance Assistant - Soho WorksWho We Are...
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels, workspaces and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact. The role...
Soho House are currently in search of an Accounts Assistant to join and sit within the Soho Works team. Based at our 180 Strand Head Office and reporting to the Financial Controller, you will have an opportunity to be involved in a variety of work across a wide spectrum, including processing purchase ledger invoices, bank reconciliations and some sales ledger maintenance. Main Duties...
What We Are Looking For...
- Processing purchase ledger invoices and pulling together supplier payment runs
- Regular statement reconciliations of all supplier statements
- Investigation and resolution of supplier queries
- Posting bank transactions to SAGE and weekly reconciliation, allocating receipts and payments to correct nominal.
- Review and investigation of unallocated cash
- Issuing sales invoices and reconciling payments when received
- Processing customer refunds
- Managing a mailbox, which includes responding to supplier and site queries.
- Assisting with invoice processing as and when necessary, which could include Adaco
- Checking and uploading Weekly Trading Reports for the EPOS system and journals on to Sage
- Investigating and resolving variances for under/over banking
- Additional ad-hoc duties as requested.
- You will likely be CIMA/ACCA part qualified (or recently started) with 1+ years of experience working in a similar role within a fast-paced multi-site business or comparable experience in a large accounting practice with a hands-on approach
- Experience in processing high volumes of invoices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Advanced Excel skills and ideally experience with Sage Accounts package.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Organised and methodical
- Experience working with Sage 200, Nexudus, Adaco and Kounta would be advantageous.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you're seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to grow your career.
Opportunities for all...
- Weekly Pay
- Soho Friends Membership (Every House Membership applicable after 1 year' service)
- Free lunch at Store X Caf in 180 Strand Mondays & Fridays
- 50% off Food & Drink, 7 days a week
- Staff Room Rate; Any Bedroom, Any House, $100 a night
- Private Health and Dental Care
- Life Assurance
- Birthday Day Off
- Up to 50% Staff Discount on Cowshed & Soho Home
- Dog Policy
- Season Ticket Loan
- Christmas Office Closure
- In conjunction with Soho Impact, take 2 days paid a year to support a charity of your choice.
- Free Counselling Sessions
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Our Cookhouse & House Tonic programmes offer unique food and drink trainings, events and opportunities to inspire and educate.
- Continuous training to develop yourself personally and professionally
- Exclusive access to our benefits platform with hundreds of discounts on shopping, gym memberships, holidays, insurance and much more
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.