Director of Finance - Knightsbridge, London About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Situated in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of London’s most exclusive neighbourhoods, the Carlton Tower Jumeirah is the quintessential address in SW1 where heritage meets contemporary luxury. Featuring 186 beautifully appointed guest rooms, 87 of which have the fantastic benefit of a balcony, a rarity for the capital, enabling guests to take full advantage of the stunning views across London. The property also boasts the city’s largest naturally lit swimming pool, situated at the impressive rooftop health club and spa, The Peak, access to the private Cadogan Gardens and destination Italian restaurant Al Mare. Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel instead, is an enchanting boutique hotel in the highly exclusive area of Belgravia. Offers a collection of appointed bedrooms and suites designed to suit the needs of both the leisure and business traveller. Set against the serene backdrop of a leafy London square, this chic, contemporary retreat is located just moments away from key attractions including Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall. Guests have complimentary access to all facilities at the nearby Jumeirah Carlton Tower. About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Director of Finance to join us at Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- The main responsibilities are managing the accounting records and financial reports and overseeing SBUs financial reporting issuance.
- To ensure that the books, records, and accounts are maintained accurately and fairly reflect the transactions and administration of the assets of the hotel.
- Establish strong cash management controls, prepare monthly cash flow forecasts, and recommend actions accordingly.
- Ensure statutory requirements and obligations for the relevant legal entities are met.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled every month and discrepancies are immediately identified and corrected.
- To oversee the Finance and Accounting department in the hotel and ensure its smooth running so that all financial and management reports are accurate and available by their due dates.
- Generate and discuss special operation analysis reports with relevant parties to minimize variances versus budget and prior year, flow-through analysis, outlet menu engineering, profit margin analysis, manning structure, and payroll cost, etc.
- Draft and maintain accurate yearly financial statements, in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Conduct detailed operational analysis and review with relevant stakeholders to optimize performance and deliver agreed financial targets.
- Direct preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establish and/or recommend to management major economic objectives and policies for the hotel.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
About the Benefits:
- Professional accounting accreditation such as ACA, ACCA, CPA, CGMA, CMA
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce/business/accounting or similar.
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- While a luxury background is advantageous, it's not a prerequisite for the role, and we also welcome candidates with experience in large-scale 4-star properties.
- Knowledge of Opera Cloud, ERP solutions such as Oracle / SAP desirable
- Competitive Salary
- 40 hours per week
- 33 Holidays inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Extra Holiday for significant birthday (21, 30, 40, etc.)
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Group Pension Plan with enhanced contributions
- Plus, a host of additional benefits!