Private Capital - London or Manchester based.
Senior Tax Advisor
EY's Private Capital Tax team is the largest such practice in the UK with an exceptional reputation for sector expertise and close, trusted adviser, relationships across a broad range of clients including global financial institutions and market-leading boutiques, high and ultra-high net worth individuals and investment and business structures. It provides corporate, partnership and personal tax advisory services.
This role is relevant for an individual with corporate, personal, owner managed business, or a mixed tax background.
EY's Private Capital Tax team provides a full suite of tax advisory and compliance services to non-listed (i.e., not publicly traded) Financial Services businesses, dealing with the UK and international tax affairs of the business itself, owners, employees and other stakeholders. We also work with many ultra-high net worth and high-profile individuals, advising them on their personal needs as well as their business holdings or investment structures (e.g. trusts, funds or family companies). This includes asset management businesses, fintechs, and other non-listed financial services organisations.
Due to the ongoing success and growth of the team, we have new opportunities for experienced and talented individuals to join our London or Manchester offices, working within the Private Capital Tax team. You will receive extensive training and support from a variety of tax professionals to assist you in building a successful career within EY.
Your key responsibilities
- Advising on a wide range of tax matters including UK corporation tax, international tax, income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and other tax matters relevant to UK and international individuals, businesses and partnerships (note you do not have to have expertise in all areas to apply).
- Aligned to a portfolio of long-term accounts, which you can build deep relationships with, and become their trusted advisor.
- In person, verbal and written contact with clients.
- Interaction with other EY offices both in the UK and overseas.
- Contact with HM Revenue & Customs and other third parties, including major financial institutions, lawyers and wealth advisory businesses.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrated track record of providing UK tax advice to clients, as well as relevant experience of advising on some or all of the above areas of tax.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete work to a high professional standard.
- Computer literacy, with the ability to adapt to new systems.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Initiative, professionalism and confidence
- Experience in UK tax
- An appropriate qualification (e.g. CTA, CA (ICAS), ACA, or ATT)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
What we look for
Our Private Capital Team focusses on advising individuals, owner-managed businesses, investment structures, global financial institutions and market-leading boutiques on all aspects of their tax affairs, working with other specialist teams within EY's wider business, across tax and other services. We want to hear from candidates who are looking for a broad and varied foundation in tax matters, and who are excited by the challenges of working in this dynamic environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your own and your team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.