Our client is looking for an experienced credit controller to join their existing team. Due to location own transport will be required.
You will chase outstanding invoices and debt by telephone, email and written means to reduce debtor days and checking credit limits given to customers is monitored effectively. Previous use of Sage would be preferred.Duties Included
- Answer calls into the accounts dept providing an excellent customer service dealing enquiries and account queries.
- Process payments using Sage and the sending of receipts of payment.
- Discuss and make decisions about credit extensions for customer future orders or that exceeds agreed limits.
- Monitor, control and aim to reduce aged debtors.
- Communicate in all ways to chase or recover debt and maintain file of communication relating to customers accounts.
- Raise credit notes investigating reasons prior to doing so.
- Allocation of BACS receipts from logs into the ledger via Sage removing the stop if paid.
- Actioning a stop on accounts of limits met or payments not received.
- Escalate debtor to outside company for debt recovery and monitor
- Check new accounts, complete applications, credit check and send letters of acceptance and limits or decline.
- Complete statement runs monthly
- Liaise with internal teams to make sure invoicing is correct and understand circumstances around an account.
- Excellent communication skills, confident on the telephone, professional yet polite and friendly.
- Previous working knowledge of Sage and MS Office especially Excel, work and Outlook
- Organised and able to prioritise duties and tasks
25 days +8 days bank holidaysWorking hours
- Monday to Friday
- 8.30am - 17.00pm (1 hour unpaid lunch)